Question about Wharfedale Valdus 500 Speaker

1 Answer

The rubber around one of my woofers is torn, anyway to repair that?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,511 Answers

Hello and Welcome to FixYa!
The only way to fix the torn rubber is to use a rubber tape usually equipped in the box that comes from the manufacturer. This special tape is also easily available in the market. All other adhesives will effect the working of the woofer.

Best of Luck,

Posted on Jun 03, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My Onkyo sub-woofer sounds like something is loose in it or rolling around...the sound is similar to shaking a can of spray paint. When I plug it in to the system it sounds crackly. If i turn the volume...

sub woofers are very powerful bass , with incredible sounding technology. your problem might be with the woofer wall around the circle. open the box and take the woofer out.Check if there is any tare over the corners of the cloth. sometimes there might be a crazy noise because of a little opening in the cloth caused by small tare.. if so better change it with a new 1 and make sure that the new cloth has guaranty
damaged sub woofer eg. images?q=tbn:and9gcqv8lxhmuosnjkfywvef7uujnntmudkhhpl-pghy0i7xushrda- torn cloth- images?q=tbn:and9gctcogf_osbsmo3vmcu1vjnpozksylq4nojwpbojuo3w28zvb3honw
Thanks for rating good luck

Feb 08, 2011 | Onkyo SKW-200 Subwoofer

1 Answer

I have a woofer that's torn

If the rip is small enough, try using nailpolish to repair it. If you're looking at a piece of the material that's actually missing, you should just replace the woofer, because adding a patch will severely reduce sound quality.

Nov 20, 2010 | Jensen JP1200 Main / Stereo Speaker

1 Answer

Have 2002 dodge neon that gets water in the trunk where spare tire is housed, and large amount of water in both rear floor areas. What might be the problem and how much do you think it will cost to fix?

try opening the trunk and cleaning the water drain off out. there is a rubber strip that goes around the lip of the trunk that gets clogged with leaves and sticks and just trash.look at the rubber strip to see if clogged or torn. if it's torn you'll need to replace or repair it with some silicone sealent.around where that strip is, thats a drain for water to run off the car. try to clean and repair before you replace it but if you have to replace it, the rubber strip is not that expensive, maybe $30.00 for the rubber and it's easy to install.hope this helps!!

Aug 22, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Neon

1 Answer

Have 2 12 inch kicker cvrs the foam or rubber outside ring has a whole how do i fix itcan i buy the whole rubber ring?

you cant buy just the ring. you have to recone the woofer. you may be able to try some home remedys for repair but if the woofers are in a sealed box they are under tremendous pressure and glue may not hold. how large is the hole?

Feb 13, 2010 | Kicker CVR12 Car Subwoofer

1 Answer

Torn front grey colored rubber seal, is this repairable?This rubber seal is covered with mold

These seals are not fun to replace for the average person. There will probably be a spring clamp around the front of the gasket which you can remove with a good pair of needle nose pliers. The back side will be held in with another spring or a screw clamp. If you install a new gasket just work from one side clockwise feeding it around the drum with your fingers. This can be a VERY frustrating process. If you have the extra money I would probably advise just calling a tech out. You will probably be looking at around 200 for the repair. Maybe more depending on the service call and labor.

To avoid the smell when you get a new gasket leave the door cracked between uses. You can also just run an empty load with bleach in it on the highest temp cycle with an extra rinse. (Basically highest heat longest cycle) Once a month.

Hope this helps _MJ_

Jan 29, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer

1 Answer

The woofer is still good except the rubber around the edges has dry rotted is there anywhere i can send to replace the rubber

Any audio repair shop can do this repair. You can do it as well. There are kits available -- Internet is the best place to find the kits.


Aug 20, 2009 | Car Audio & Video

1 Answer

Seals around speakers are broekn and gone!

Hello kagato_morri,

While it's certainly possible to replace the surrounds, whether it's economical to do so is another question. For very high-end speakers, there are often "repair kits" available to replace spiders, cones, surrounds and for some, even the voice coils. But such parts are usually not available for your run-of-the-mill speakers.

If the speakers are otherwise in good condition, and you are willing to spend some time with them, you can use an adhesive foam to construct a new surround. A product called "shoe goo" makes a good permanent bond. It's a super strong rubber cement and will hold up under the stresses of the moving speaker cone.

Hope this helps.

May 23, 2009 | JVC Car Audio & Video

Not finding what you are looking for?
Wharfedale Valdus 500 Speaker Logo

Related Topics:

297 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Wharfedale Audio Players & Recorders Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75476 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Wharfedale Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides