Question about Franke /Kindred KIND KCFD36B/9 Designer Series Stainless Steel Double Bowl A

Open Question

Refitting Olympus tap hot valve

I have got the handle off but can't release the valve cover to get at the valve. Does the cover screw off or just pull off?

Posted by on


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I'm trying to change a tap washer but there is no hex screw holding the tap on .Only an adhesive "hot " label. I can unscrew the wall mount only a certain distance

if your HOT label isn't attached to an end cap that can be removed to find the screw then look for a C-clip under the handle, pull it off then the handle will pull off

Jul 05, 2011 | Home

1 Answer

Dripping bath faucet circa 1985. Can't ID model but appears to have 2 screws holding front of casting to main body for disassembly . Faceplate is square in shape and black in color HELP!

  • 1 Close the hot and cold water valves in the cabinet beneath the sink to shut the water supply off to the bath faucet.
  • 2 Remove the bath faucet's handle to access the valve cartridge. The faucet handle is removed by first detaching the handle's insert cap using the tip of a screwdriver or utility knife to expose the handle screw. Remove the handle screw with a Phillips screwdriver, then pull the handle off the valve cartridge stem.
  • 3 Loosen and remove the cartridge valve nut with an adjustable wrench. Some faucet models retain the valve cartridge with a snap ring and are removed with snap ring pliers.
  • 4 Pull the old valve cartridge out of the bath faucet base, using pliers.
  • 5 Insert the new replacement valve cartridge into the faucet housing and replace the nut or snap ring removed in Step 3, using an adjustable wrench or snap ring pliers.
  • 6 Reinstall the faucet's handle onto the valve cartridge post, then secure the handle's screw, using a screwdriver.
  • 7 Replace the insert cap into the handle to cover the handle's screw hole.
  • 8 Turn on the hot and cold water valves beneath the sink to restore the water supply.
  • Jun 15, 2011 | Kohler Plumbing

    1 Answer

    How do I remove the door panel on my 1996 Olds. Cutlass Suprene 2-door sedan??

    If you have power windows and door locks, take a small flat-tip screw driver, and gently pry up the switches. Unplug them. If not power, The auto parts store have a window handle removal tool. Remove the handle. Then unscrew the door lock at the top right corner of the door. Unscrew the door handle. Screws are located under the handle. If you have the pull strap, remove the covers with a screw driver. covers are at both ends of the strap. The auto parts store also sells a door panel removal tool. put that between metal and plastic cover a gently pry. it will pop the clips loose. Take your time and be gentle. after popped loose. gently tap up from the bottom. this will get it to release the clip from the frame by the window. Hope this helps.

    Dec 24, 2010 | 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

    2 Answers

    Low pressure on hot water side

    I would recommend that you replace cartridge. To do this shut off water supply to tub or whole house as needed, Remove valve handle cover,remove handle screw and pull off handle. Remove chrome cover from around valve body. There is a small brass or copper clip that fits on front side of cartridge to hold it in place. Carefully remove this clip as you will need it for reassembly. Grasp end of valve stem with pliers and gently try to pull cartridge ftom valve body, If it is stuck you can purchace a moen cartridge puller at most hardware stores. Follow directions on how to use puller, remove old cartridge,install new one . install clip moving cartridge slihtly to proper position so retainer clip will slid into position. replace chrome cover and handle and screw and cover. Turn water back on and you should be done. Hope this helps. Thanks

    Nov 18, 2010 | Moen & One Handle Tub & Shower Faucet

    1 Answer


    On this valve the hot/cold in reverse is easy enough to fix, but the faucet dripping at the handle is another issue. To reverse the hot and cold, turn off the house water, relieve the pressure by opening a nearby faucet. Once the water stops, remove the handle and faucet cover so you can see the valve. then the four screws that are visible need to be removed. Mark one of the screw holes with a crayon or pencil and then remove by pulling straight out. Once out, inspect the main o-ring right behind where it sits against the valve, (if this is damaged, it might be why the handle area is leaking) then turn the whole assembly clockwise 180 degrees then insert straight back in and insert screws. Tighten screws until snug. Turn water back on before installing cover and handle to check for leaks. If no leaks are found, install cover and handle and check for proper position of hot and cold. If there are leaks, tighten screws in clockwise rotation tightening each screw a quarter turn, then moving to the next one until dripping stops. If dripping is from center of stem, where the handle attaches, you will need to contact Price Pfister to request a replacement. They are very good to work with. Good luck.

    Aug 15, 2010 | Price Pfister Universal 0X8-310A Pressure...

    1 Answer

    Hi,I have a Bathtub Shower Valve that is not working


    Apr 20, 2010 | American Standard Home

    1 Answer

    No hot water

    If you pull the trim off of the valve you will find the balancing caulk it is 1 inch diameter slotted screw. Unscew that and shake it or tap it on something until it rattles. then reinstall.

    Feb 13, 2010 | Moen 3175 Legend One Handle Shower Faucet...

    1 Answer

    Kitchen taps drip and leak.I do not want to replace with new but would like to sort these problems.

    dependent on the type of faucet, you need to replace (a) the washers, (b.) the spring and seals or (c.) the gasket. They all serve the same purpose. 1. turn off the water supply to the faucet. 2. double handle? (a)remove the center cap (b) then remove the screw holding the handle down (c)next unscrew the valve stem retaining nut (normally it is the one right above the faucet body). (d) pull the valve stem out, if there is a small rubber piece held down by screw remove the screw, replace the washer. if there is a rubber gasket wrapped around the stem, remove and replace it, if nothing is on the stem look into the faucet body you should see 1 or 2 small rubber pieces these are the seals the springs are right below the seals. Remove and replace springs and seals. 3. single handle? remove the handle retaining screw, normally covered by hot/cold indicator symbol, unscrew valve stem retaining nut, pull the valve stem and replace either the gasket or springs and seals.

    Aug 28, 2009 | Home

    2 Answers

    Shower handle leak

    turn off main water in home . turn on tap some where in home to release presser take shower handle off (screw under cap) unscrew the tap with a wrench unscrew on insides you pull out replace washer put all back togethere

    Feb 11, 2009 | American Standard 3275.505.099 Colony Soft...

    2 Answers

    How to replace cartridge on blanco single handle

    Somewhere around where the handle fixes to the tap should be a grubscrew of some kind undoing this will allow the handle to be removed this will give you access to the cartridge which can then be removed with the correct socket, obviously you will need to turn off the water supply to the tap first!!

    Jan 25, 2009 | Blanco Classic Single Handle Faucet with...

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    Franke /Kindred KIND KCFD36B/9 Designer Series Stainless Steel Double Bowl A Logo

    Related Topics:

    325 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Franke Home Experts

    Donni Steen

    Level 3 Expert

    659 Answers

    Gil Shultz

    Level 3 Expert

    3368 Answers


    Level 3 Expert

    1311 Answers

    Are you a Franke Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides