Question about Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
I have a Whirlpool Microwave overhead and when we put things in it to warm/cook it will stop and the keypad will say F2. We can restart it by resetting the clock and then punch in the time to cook again. BUT--EVIDENTLY SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT.
HOW DO WE FIX THIS/
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The first thing I would check would be the magnetron TCO (thermal cut-out). This is a little safety devise that protects the magnetron in the event of overheating. These can act up even without overheating. I believe the nuetral side of this TCO runs through the board, and therefore the flickering and shutdown. When the TCO cools, it resets. If it were the door switch, you would blow the fuse and wouldn't be able to set the time without changing the fuse. There are other cavity thermostats that could be the culprit but my quess is on the magnetron TCO. When working with microwaves always unplug the unit and discharge the capacitor. This is high voltage..Good Luck
Posted on Jun 12, 2006
SOURCE: Microwave malfunction
this could be a diode between the capacitor and magnetron, (its like a fuse) i do not recommend self repair, but give you this info as a guide to what maybe wrong, microwaves contain high voltage and care should be used if you do attempt repair hope i have helped a little
Posted on Oct 04, 2007
sounds to me like the magnatron has shorted out. i don't know of a way to test them unless you have some high dollar equipment. a continuity test prob wont tell you anything. what reading did you get on the cap when you tested it?
Posted on Jan 06, 2008
SOURCE: MICROWAVE MALFUNCTION
I'd say the magnetron is overheating and the magnetron thermostat (doing its job) is opening up thew power to allow it to cool.
When it is running, do you hear / feel the cooling fan? If not, that may be the problem, otherwise, I would suspect your magnetron has failed.
They should offer a magnetron warranty beyond the normal one-year warranty.
They're at http://www.mcappliance.com/
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Mar 04, 2008
Replace the fuse with a ceramic fuse from Home depot! costs less than $3 and it will fix the problem. I had all the same problems as everyone else, you name it my microwave had it! you must remember replace it with a ceramic fuse! not a glass one. I know people say its the switchboard and all that nonsence but I promise you, the fuse plays a majoe roll in the microwave not working properly. Even though it doesnt look broken, a junky fuse can cause your appliance to do very strange things. I replaced mine 6 months ago and it works like its fresh out of the box.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
on Mar 27, 2010 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Sep 04, 2013 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven
Jul 08, 2010 | Whirlpool MH1150XM Convection/Microwave...
Jun 19, 2010 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Aug 04, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 23, 2008 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Feb 01, 2008 | Whirlpool GH7208XR Convection / Microwave...
Nov 06, 2007 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
160 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!