Vertical bar full height of screen. Present most of the time but not always. Took it to repair shop and tech says it is a component that goes the full horizontal length of the screen but refuses to name component.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
there is a good chance that I can solve your problem, although for me and others this problem usually shows itself as black bars that go from top to bottom, not just half way. go to the following link and read the entire thread, it is very good info. I have done this and it worked perfectly on a gateway plasma, but it also works on numerous others. there is a guy on ebay that sells a fix for $80, and it appears to be exactly what i did.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/462873-black-line-fault-hyundai-hpt4240-fixed.html enjoy! stephen
1. try connecting laptop to an external monitor and check if this vertical dark gray bar appears. if yes it means video is the problem. you need to boot in safe mode then uninstall the video driver. boot to notmal mode then download and install the latest video driver. if still same problem then replace video card. if video is built in with motherboard you need to replace motherboard.
2. when the vertical dark gray bar did not appear in the external monitor then it means issue is with the LCD panel. Do this turn off laptop. press and hold D key then press Power button at the same time or Press and hold on the Fn key then Power button check if the test will run. Color displays full screen when you keep pressing on N key when the colors appears check the vertical dark gray bar if still exist in the test, this means LCD panel and LCD cable needs to be replaced.
You should send the set to the factory service rep, and not an independent TV service. They will need to have the boards to test the set. The independent service tech would have to buy the boards to test, and he would not have the factory setup to properly diagnose the set.
Your set is definately serviceable if the service tech is properly trained for your model type, and has the proper tools and spare parts to troubleshoot the set.
This fault can be in the main screen video processor board, or the address processor area, or the backplane processing area. Depending on the model, there can be a number of boards to cover these areas.
Once the defective board is determined, it can be swapped for a new one, and the factory level setups as required just have to be performed. The set should then be working properly.
Be prepaired that this type of service may be expensive. Some of these boards can cost a number of hundreds of dollars. They are not supported to be serviced at the component level.
Sounds like you have shorted or open Vertical Filter Capacitors. ( you may also have a bad vertical drive chip now since you've waited to replace the capacitors). You'll need to replace the bad capacitor/s and if the problem doesn't go away, replace the chip also. And as always, check for any cold solder joints ( bad lead connections to the printed circuit board ) as you replace the bad components.
I Hope this has helped.
Have a Great Presidents Day
take your set to a tech you are having problem in your vertical output circuit.leaky filter or coupling capacitor,or defective B+ regulator transistor or IC .buffer transistor or IC,or supply resistor, they need to be replace.good luck