It stops with 12 minutes left , beeps and shows f 02
I have done everything suggested, clean filter and hoses. If I do a drain/spin cycle it does it, but when It has clothes in it after it shows the f 02 I cancel and try to do the drain/spin and it does not do anything, any suggestions?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: It stops with 12 minutes left , beeps and shows f 02
F02/ is an indicater of long/clogged drain. did you try removing the access panel(3)screws across bottom of unit, behind the panel youll see a large thumbsrew attached to the drain pump thats probalby clogged, with debris
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
replace the brushes in the motor _around 20 quid and usually the first thing to start messing up when the brushes get short is the fast spin _UNPLUG IT FIRST. you might also like to clean up the com with a bit of wet and dry
F02 is a drain error in your Kenmore washer, if
the unit is unable to drain then after 4 minutes it will display suds and then
F02. The first thing that should be done is cleaning the drain hose and the
drain pump filter, you can take out three torx screws from the bottom front
panel and then clean the area completely, lift up the cap to clean the filter.
If the error returns then check the drain pump if it is not working then
replacing the pump is recommended repair. Please get back to me if you have any
Hi there OK i give you what you need to read so you know what it is. Hope this gets you in the right direction.
the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves are turned
off and "F/02" is flashed.
After 4 minutes the "Sud" error will be displayed,
then 4 minutes later the F02 error code will be displayed.
PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the
pump is running.
the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
the above does not correct the problem, replace the pump.
Thank you for writing to fix ya. Best regards Richard
Probably needs the filter cleaning.
Remove lower rear panel.
Remove large black hose onto drum.
Remove and clean filter inside hose.
Remove hose onto pump, and check for obstruction here and in the pump itself.
Please rate my solution.
If the drain time exceeds eight minutes, the water valves are
turned off and “F/02” is flashed. Press PAUSE/CANCEL two
times to clear the display.
NOTE: After four minutes the “Sud” error will be displayed,
then four minutes later the “F/02” error code will be
Possible Causes / Procedure
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make
sure the pump is running.
4. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
2. Take of the toe panel in the front by removing the three screws.
3. Get a bunch of towels (I mean a bunch!!!)
4. The pump is in the center, and it has a plastic grip handle that one can unscrew to remove the filter. As you unscrew it, LOTS of water will come out. Be ready with the towels. A cookie sheet helps to collect the water too.
5. Clean the filter assembly.
6. If one wishes to check the inlet of the pump, remove the back panel, about 12 screws. (Note, the following works for replace the pump as well)
7. Remove the large bellow from the bottom of the tub that goets to inlet of the pump by removing the clamp
9. Lift up on the plastic cover that covers the wires that power the pump. There may be a small plastic catch that is lifted up as to allow the connector to become free.
8. Remove the Torx screw that holds that is the center just under the filter screen.
9. Pull the pump forward.
10. Unclamp the pump outlet hose.
11. Remove pump
12. Unclamp the large bellow on the pumps inlet and inspect for debris.
13. Clean pump and fitler w/o getting water on the pump.
14. Install in reverse order. Remember, it is much easire to put the inlet bellow and outlet hose on the pump before you put into the washer
First if you have a wet vac pull the drain hose out of the drain spout and use the vac to pull the water out of the washer through the drain hose.If not you will need a pair of radiator hose clamps from the auto parts store. Pull the screws from the lower panel at the front of the washer and remove it.in side you will see a rubber hose coming down from the tub to the drain pump. Put the radiator hose clamp there if you didn't have a shop vac.On the front of the pump is a round part with a handle turn that and remove the pump filter .Clean any foreign objects out of the pump and look inside the pump to make sure no impeller blades are broken if any are you will have to replace the pump. put the filter back in and tighten it. If you had to use the hose clamp remove it now.reassemble and don't forget to give the tech his four boxes if this fixes it