Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Ink System Failure refers to a hardware issue with the printer, however a series of troubleshooting can be tried as a last resort before you get a replacement of your printer.
Try the following:
1. Press and hold the “*” key and then press the “#” key and release both keys.
Now check if there is any message on the printer display, it should display something like "Enter Special Key Combo"
2. Now press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Now check if there is any message on the printer display, it should display something like "Support"
3. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
4.Press and release the “OK” button.
Now the display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, scroll the arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
5.Press and release the “OK” button.
Now the display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
6. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
7. Now Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Turn the printer OFF using the power button and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait for 30 seconds and then replug the power cable
10. Turn ON the printer and let it initialize itself. Then try printing a self test from the printer front panel by pressing the SETUP-->Print Report--->Self Test Report.
This should get it working again.
Posted on Jun 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2014 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 16, 2011 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Oct 11, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Jan 31, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 26, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Dec 24, 2009 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Jun 19, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 23, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 06, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 28, 2016 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
403 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: