My ps3 was working fine until i turned it on in the morming. when i turn it on a message comes up on the screen saying the hard disk is corrupted to restore press ok, i pressed ok and and when it had finished it came up with the same message. can you please help me
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
turn on ps3 press x to restore on 0 % quickly pull out hdd. then wait may
take up to an hour a message will come up to formate hdd. put hdd back
in and press yes to format this process worked with in seconds for me
but can take longer. it does work but you will lose all saved stuff but
online stats will still be on the system. good luck hope it works for u
New fix (possibly), and it doesn't take a laptop or a friend's PS3 to do.
Simply remove the hard drive from your PS3, and turn on the console. It
should display a screen saying the hard drive will need to be
reformatted. Then, plug the hard drive back into your PS3, and allow it
to reformat. Your save game data will be erased, but you should be able
to use your PS3 again. _________________________________________________________
whoever has a problem withe their ps3 needing to be reformatted
just take out your hdd when the restore comes up, then press x, it will
take a will before the ps3 tells u to insert a hdd to be formatted
(took me 12 minutes)
Try to RESTORE FILE SYSTEM on your ps3. Follow this guide,
HOW TO GO TO THE RECOVERY MENU OF PS3 SYSTEM
1. Make sure the ps3 is plugged in (stand by mode). 2. Put out your usb cable for the controller and the controller itself (do not connect yet). 3. Hold down power firmly, ps3 will turn on and then turn off, release power button when it turns off. 4. Hold down power again, you will hear a beep and then a double beep, when you hear that double beep release the power button. 5. Now you should be seeing something in your monitor that say "Connect usb controller", do just that. 6. After connecting the controller press PS button. 7. You are now in the recovery menu. 8. To fix the problem of corrupt data you can choose #3. 9. If you want to format your hard drive choose #5. Be aware that this option will delete everything that is in your hard drive. 10. Remember that doing #3 and #5 is not 100% to fix the problem of corrupt data, I say about 70%.
If you are getting the corrupted drive message on your Playstation 3 this means you have corrupted data on your hard drive. The link below will help you fix the problem with the corrupted data. Note if you still have trouble then you will need to replace the hard drive as there is something wrong with it.
There is an alternate way to restore your HDD. Turn off your system and when u see the red light, hold the power button in front until you hear a total of 4 beeps (1 alone, 1 alone, 2 together). It usually works on second try. it should show a screen and say hook up controller with a usb cord. Then it should show i think 6 options. Choose the restore option. it should work.
Hope it works and wish you all the best! P.S.- I just got the 80010514 error on my ps3 and my ps3 games dont work anymore :(
Ok do not worry this may mean two things crached hard drive or a corrupted hard drive all you have to do is turn it on but let the red ligth be on turn it on do not remove your finger from the button until it go's off again turn it on again keep your finger until it makes a sound but still do not remover your finger untill it makes two sounds after eachouther take your finger of fast nou a screen will apear say restore sestem untill your ps3 works again it take 1-4 trys and if nothing happens you must format it.HOPE I WAS USEFULL PLZZ RATE ME AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELS EMAIL ME TO firstname.lastname@example.org I DO PS1,2,3,DVD PLAYERS AND PC sorry for my spelling i am only 13 and i amafrikaans BUT PLZZZ RATE ME
i wonder if u have changed the ps3 hard disk or it's the original toshiba hard disk that comes in the ps3 ?? so if it's a new one u may haven't connected it right n if it's the original one u can check on it by removing the plastic part at the bottom of the ps3 n try to check on it
I see that you are getting the message saying hard disk is corrupted. The cause of the issue might be due to various reasons. to isolate and resolve the issue, I recommend you to perform the steps given in the below link:
Please get back to me with observations and results because it is important that I resolve your issue in a timely manner. I would like to add that we value your precious time and would be here round the clock to serve you
Access the PS3 recovery menu
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
..I did this and i got my ps3 Back !! :)
be patient and wait for those beeps.. they are important