Question about Televison & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Ok I just dealt with the Sharp customer support for this problem.
1) You need to unplug the TV for 1 full minute and remove the batteries from your remote aswell (this will reset the system)
2) Hold the power button on the remote for 30 seconds with the batteries still out of the remote and the TV still unplugged
3) After the 30 seconds replace batteries then press every button on the remote beginning with the power button in order from left to right and top to bottom (same way you read)
4) Then plug your tv back in and try the remote again.... and the remote and TV should be back in sync.
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
SOURCE: remote control
I had the same problem. The problem is strange and seems to be with the receiver in the TV and not the remote control. The reason I say this is that when this first happened my Samsung brand DVD could actually control the TV. This then also failed, but still works fine with the DVD player.
Anyway there is an even more bizarre fix to all this......
- Remove the batteries from your TV remote. - Press and hold the red (ON/OFF) button for at least 1 min. - Replace the batteries and hey presto!!
I know seems far fetched but I found it on the Samsung website and it does work.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
Try keeping the handset menu button pressed for abount a minute, then check the other buttons again, this sometimes works - the set software seems to 'lock-up' causing this problem.
Posted on Dec 20, 2010
SOURCE: Remote does not open garage door
It sounds like the wall button has the lock feature engauged.
Is there a small green LED flashing inside the wall button?
Push and hold the lock button for about two seconds and the LED should stop flashing. This will unlock the garage door opener and your remotes should start working. You may have to reprogram your remotes and homelink again since you triedprograming in the lock mode.
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2016 | Televison & Video
Feb 17, 2015 | LG RU-42PX10 42 in. HD-Ready Plasma...
Dec 10, 2013 | Philips SoundBar DVD Home Theater with...
Jan 20, 2010 | DISH Network IR Remote Control
Dec 25, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Aug 21, 2009 | Televison & Video
Aug 21, 2009 | Hunter 52" Ceiling Fan With Light And...
May 22, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jan 06, 2008 | One For All URC-3021 Remote Control
853 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!