Question about Samsung SyncMaster 2220WM 22" LCD Monitor
From time to time, several times s day monitor turns off by itself.Then I turn it on and it works perfectly, untill it "decides" to turn off again, which is very annoying. What shall I do about this?
There are a few things you can try in order to narrow the the cause. First there's the easy outside-the-PC stuff such as:
- hook up a different power cable
- hook up a different video (VGA/DVI) cable
- You can always try switching to the other type of cable (try VGA if you're on DVI and vice-versa) to see if that makes a difference, assuming your monitor as both connectors.
- try connecting same monitor (and power/video cable) to a different PC for a day and see if it turns off there as well.
- For that matter connecting a "known good" monitor to your PC to see if that monitor also acts that way on your PC.
On the software side you can disable the power management features related to the display to see if that makes any difference.
If you were to connect this to a different PC with a different VGA/DVI cable and power cable and it still did it that I would say it's probably the monitor itself (unless the PCs were identical or something and under control of the same domain policies or some craziness like that).
At some point you probably want to call the manufacturer and see if an RMA is an option. I would recommend trying some things before that though. I hope this helped!
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2009 | Microsoft ChiMei CMV938D 19" Widescreen...
Aug 11, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 28, 2017 | Dell E173FP 17" LCD Monitor
Oct 17, 2008 | BenQ FP71G 17" LCD Monitor
Jun 10, 2008 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
May 22, 2007 | Daewoo L700C 17" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Nov 09, 2012 | Samsung SyncMaster 2220WM 22" LCD Monitor
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: