Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Follow these instructions. Follow (1) if this doesn't solve your problem then follow (2).
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option)
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as well as cookies.
Check the disc if it has fingerprints or scratches if it does then that's your problem.
If you have the 60GB sos then dorry to inform you that they have alot of problems.
Or maybe try this put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it then switch the PS3 off at the back with your finger on the eject button still holding it then put it back on then the fan test should be working this may cool it down
It may be overheating
If this problem still continues go out and buy a inter cooler from a shop
If the error is still there, You will need to take your device to sony repair center for possible internal faulty.
Thanks for using Fixya.
Good Luck and have a nice day.
Rating the solution is highly appreciated.
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 27, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 06, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 08, 2017 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 01, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 25, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 05, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!