Question about Hayward SAND FILTER, PRO SERIES

1 Answer

Losing water. suspect the valve , though it is

Losing water. suspect the valve , though it is only 2 years old. removed screws and looked at the gasket and it seems fine. ??

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 20 Answers

If losing more than .25" a day then you have a pool leak.... check your skimmer throat with some dye first... then take light out of pool and check the conduit leading into the back of the niche with some dye as well.... if your leaking itll seem to escape out of the pool

Posted on Jun 03, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My washer only has hot water no cold water and the cycles seem not to be working thisis pnly 2 years old

From the description you give I suspect the hot water valve is bad.

One thing to try is to turn the hot water off and remove the hose and check for obstructions on the inlet screen.

Mar 13, 2011 | Washing Machines


How to replace a Water Heater Pressure Relief (TP) Valve

A conventional storage water heater has a small valve screwed into its tank that is designed to relieve built-up steam pressure if the water heater overheats--othewise, the pressure could cause the water heater to explode.

This valve has several names, including temperature and pressure relief valve, pressure relief valve, T&P valve, or--in its shortest form--TP valve. As TP valves get old, they can begin to drip or leak and may need to be replaced.
Though it is recommended that you periodically test this device by lifting its little lever to make sure it is working, doing this with an old valve can cause it to leak. With this in mind, be ready to shut off the water supply to the water heater and replace the TP valve if this happens when you test.
Here is how to replace a TP valve:
1. Shut off the cold water and gas or electricity coming to the water heater.
2. Drain the water from the tank until the water level is below the valve. To do this, run hot water at any faucet, shower, or bathtub.
3. Raise the lever on the valve to release any excess pressure. Loosen the valve by turning it counter-clockwise with a wrench, and then remove it slowly. If water begins to pour out, screw it back in and drain more water from the tank. Note: The water may be hot unless you've allowed time for it to cool!
4. Put pipe-thread tape on the threads of the TP valve and then screw it in, turning clockwise. Tighten it with a wrench.
5. Turn the cold water supply and gas or electricity back on and, for a gas water heater, relight the pilot light if necessary.

on Sep 03, 2010 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Have electric hot water service leaking water from the pipe coming from top pressure valve. Would like to replace value. But before doing so would like to check if there are any precautions to take prior...

Turn the electric to the water heater. If the electric is on without water, the elements will burn up. Open the drain at the bottom of the heater to drain a little water from heater. You can then lift the lever on the temperature/pressure relief valve to let a little air in to release the vacuum and let the tank drain. If the relief is in the side let it drain a bit longer so the water level is below the outlet. To remove the old valve to ":unscrew" it turn counter-clockwise. (remember lefty-loosey, righty tighty) Install new valve, turning clockwise. Be sure to re-install the down pipe on the relief valve on the new valve. It should go to the floor or drain. You should drain the a few gallons of water at least once a year from your heater, and you should exercise your temperature relief valve once a year to be sure it will function.Before turning electric back on be sure to run enough water to make sure the heater is completely full. If your new valve leaks suspect your temperature control allowing the water to get too hot.

Oct 30, 2010 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Same Problem - no water goes through in either mode

remove screw in centre of group head and remove valve and spring, clean and reinstall.

Sep 21, 2009 | Krups Espresso Novo 2100

2 Answers


This is either the large pipe that connects from the BOTTOM of the outer drum, to the suds pump inlet, or the pump body itself, or the seal inside the pump. This may be tricky to work out where the leak is coming from, but just use a good torch, with the back removed, and watch it through a short cycle. If it is a plastic pump, they usually have small star-screws holding the 2 parts of the pump body together. Try tightening these, if they are loose. If the machine is over 8 years old and has had a lot of use, it will most likely be the pump seal.

Aug 29, 2009 | Washing Machines

2 Answers

Water is leaking from left rear side of Washer

that is the location of the vent and valves. suspect rubber hose from valve to dispenser is busted. remove top cover to see (2 or 3 torx screws on back) the older units had a bend in the hose that breaks.

Apr 26, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer

1 Answer

The ice maker suddenly stop making ice

Hi Slinn. "..... no krinks or leaks...any ideas?"

How about a solution. Would a solution work? ;-)

Your water valve has gone to appliance parts heaven and now, sadly, needs to be replaced. Don't sweat it, though. Even if you've never done it before it'll be a quick 1/2 hour job.

1.) 1/4" nut driver or socket
2.) Pliers or 1/2" open end wrench
3.) A dirty towel (to clean up the little bit of water after the repair)

1.) Valve (part# 4318046). (It can be purchased at your local appliance parts retailer)

Now for the fun stuff! Pull the fridge out (it's on rollers, just give it a good tug to get it started rolling) far enough so that you can get behind it to work. Turn the water off at the wall.

(you wouldn't wanna look like this, would you?)

OK, you're behind the fridge, look down and right. You'll see where the water line connects to the fridge (that's actually the old valve there). Remove the water line from the valve with your Pliers or wrench and set aside.

See that cardboard panel on the back? You'll need to remove a few of the screws from the right side... enough screws removed to fold the cardboard back to expose the valve. Now remove the 2 screws that hold the valve on and pull the valve out from the cavity.

Get your new valve and hold it next to the old one and notice how it should be connected (wiring and tubing). Now all that's left is to do is pull the wiring and tubing from the old one and put it on the new one. Re-mount the valve and replace the screws for the cardboard. Now re-install the water line, use the towel to clean up the water and lastly, plug the fridge back into the outlet.

Really quick and easy. You should have no problems with ice after this.


Mar 23, 2009 | Kenmore 53502 / 53504 Side by Side...

1 Answer

Kenmore washer, less than 5 years old. No cold water. I suspect the water valve, but I can't figure out how to remove the cabinet to get at it and check it.

You could very well be right. If this is a Kenmore top loader, the following link explains how to replace a water inlet valve. Included are the instructions for removing the cabinet.

If this is a Kenmore front loader, all you have to do is remove the top panel. This is accomplished by removing the three screws in the rear the hold the top panel in place. With the screws removed, the panel will slide back, then lift off.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you require additional assistance.

Aug 16, 2008 | Washing Machines

1 Answer

G e washer

remove front panel ..with putty knife press clips along edge just beneath top about 2-3 inches from outer edge front will drop off..on left side of tank will be small almost clear hose remove hose by pulling up ckd end of hose for blockage and clean as good as possible if problem still present suspect water level control ..if water continues to run in with power off suspect water inlet valve..remove screws along top edge of console and roll forward to gain acess to control and valve

Jun 18, 2008 | Washing Machines

1 Answer

Slow steady leak fills machine then overflows

three screws along back of machine top remove valve wires and screws remove inside hose and fill hoses..probbly have sand or rust in sure screens are in port and are reinstalled if ever removed to clean

Apr 27, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer

Not finding what you are looking for?

Related Topics:

138 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Hayward Pool & Spa Experts

Jay Finke
Jay Finke

Level 3 Expert

1358 Answers

Bill Jordan

Level 2 Expert

372 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

12650 Answers

Are you a Hayward Pool and Spa Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides