Question about Whirlpool 1.6 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave
Pretty easy to change.Maybe cash and carry would be a little cheaper, or even trying an appliance dealer to see if they can get the same thing. Perhaps contacting manufacturer of microwave directly will help. (www.dometicusa.com) There was some recalls on some of the models. Are you sure it's not just sitting in an opening above the range hood. Most are just 4 screws or so, and out they come from opening above that.
Posted on Jun 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 01, 2015 | Dometic DOTRC17B RV Microwave/Convection...
Sep 29, 2015 | Dometic DOTRC17B RV Microwave/Convection...
Feb 11, 2015 | Maytag MMV1164WB Microwave Oven
Jul 29, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 06, 2014 | Dometic DOTRC17B RV Microwave/Convection...
Mar 08, 2017 | Sharp R1875: Over the Range Convection...
Hello - This may or may not be specifically for your model, however these are generics instructions that I found.
To replace the light bulb to the over the range microwave you will need to follow the steps below:
1. To replace light bulb, first disconnect power to the microwave oven at the circuit breaker panel or by unplugging.
2. Remove the vent grill mounting screws.
3. Pull the vent grill away from the unit.
4. Remove the charcoal filter by pushing it inwards, then turn and pull it away from the unit.
5. Open light cover located behind filter mounting by carefully pulling up on the front edge.
6. Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent 30 watt bulb available from part distributor. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers.
7. Replacing the microwave oven light cover by carefully pushing into place. Replace the charcoal filter. Push the vent grill back into place (engaging both the bottom and top tabs) and replace the vent grill mounting screws.
Note: DO NOT USE BULB LARGER THAN 30 WATTS.
Oct 27, 2012 | Frigidaire FMV152K Microwave Oven
Jun 15, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 30, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
374 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: