Question about Lexmark P6350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have a lexmark P6350. My problem started when I replaced the two cartridges. The little monitor didn't recognise them (even though they were lexmark) and show empty. I have tried the usual head cleaning, unplugging etc. and have even changed the cartridges but still the same. The print fades after about two pages. Please can you help
That printer is pretty old. Are you selecting "Best" quality when you print or is it possible that some documents are being printed in Quick Print mode (which puts less ink on the page)? If you're doing the same thing on each print job but the print quality changes, there's definitely a problem. If you're printing from web pages, the print quality may be a factor of the design of the pages. If you print two pages of a multi-page document and quality declines, you should be able to get help through Lexmark's technical support.
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Open the printer cover. The print cartridge carrier
moves and stops at the loading position, unless the All-in-One is busy.
3. Remove both cartridges from the carrier.
4. Close the printer cover.
5. Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power source
to reset it.
6. When the printer turns on, reinsert one cartridge
7. Close the printer cover and check for any errors.
8. If no error appears, reinsert the other cartridge.
Close the printer cover.
9. Replace whichever cartridge is causing the error to appear with a new cartridge.
Jul 06, 2011 | Lexmark P6350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 10, 2011 | Lexmark P6350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 08, 2010 | Lexmark P6350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 20, 2009 | Lexmark P6350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 19, 2009 | Lexmark P6350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 25, 2009 | Lexmark P6350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Sep 24, 2008 | Lexmark P6350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!