Question about Canon ES5000 Camcorder
My ES5000 hi8 camcorder's motors are operating to open and close. But when I put in a hi8tape and push the cartrdge close, the motor will only lower the tape 1/4 inch and then bring it back up and eject. Can you give me any feedback as to what is wrong? I am attempting to backup by hi8 tapes on my computer. Thank you.
That is the mechanism alignement(mode switch)
plus a little gear who match with the other
you will need a very good tech to fix it.usely its the problem.
hope that will help
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 25, 2007 | Sony Handycam CCD-TRV37 Camcorder
Aug 21, 2015 | Canon UC9 Camcorder
Dec 18, 2013 | Canon ES300V ES4000 ES410V and ES420V ES50...
Oct 16, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 26, 2013 | Sony Handycam DCR-TRV280 Digital Camcorder
Nov 27, 2011 | Cameras
371 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: