Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Thanks for using FixYa. Please follow these step by step instructions to remove the carriage jam error:
1) With the Printer power on open the door so that print heads move to the center.
2) Unplug the printer, kindly make sure to unplug don’t turn it off.
3) Open the back door.
4) Look inside the back left side for a small black gear (About the size of a quarter)
5) Spin the gear with a screw driver (I'm pretty sure I spun it clockwise). Spin it and watch the inside of the printer where the print heads park. You should see a tray move out that has four rubber blue rectangles on it on the right side of the unit (this is where the print heads park when the unit is not printing).
6) Keep spinning the gear until the plate moves all the way forward.
7) Grab the plate and try moving it forward more.
8) Put the back on and close the top.
9) Turn the unit back on.
10) Open the top again
11) Unplug the unit again. (Don't turn off, just unplug!)
12) Grab the tray, from step 5, and slide it all the way forward and all the way back multiple times.
13) Make sure that the print heads slide left to right smoothly
14) Remove ink cart's and clean the contacts with bottled water and a q-tip. LET DRY BEFORE REINSTALLING!!!
15) Remove print heads and clean contacts with bottled water and q-tip. LET DRY BEFORE REINSTALLING!!!
16) Clean the inside of the printer with a soft dry cloth, use a slightly damp, with bottled water, lint free cloth (Glasses cleaning cloth works well) and wipe off the rollers in the front and back of the unit. See HP's cruddy support site for details on this step.
17) Hold down #7 (reprimes the printheads with ink) and plug in the unit
You can also check this link on how to remove the carriage jam. Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
Posted on Jun 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 14, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 10, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 19, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 09, 2007 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!