Question about Microwave Ovens
what this mean is that your oven have develop disconnection from the power supply that is the wire what you need to do from here is to unscrew the oven and the trace the wire down to the element it's silver in colour it is the heat provider
if you can not fine any disconnection in it then it now saying that the element is bad or which will need replacement which you can always get from the store in a little amount .
thank you and thanks for using fixya.
Posted on Jun 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 03, 2017 | Hamilton Beach Hbp100n30als3 1. Cf...
Nov 02, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 16, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 23, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Since the light and fan work the main board or the processor is working .Now identify the parts by clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html
As there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off. Check the wave guide covers, if food had deposited
then it must be checked or replaced.
Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on, use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Thank You for using FIXYA.
Sep 17, 2011 | Belling Microwave Ovens
Jul 09, 2011 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
Oct 21, 2017 | In Microwave Ovens
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!