Question about American Standard 2860.334 Enfield Two Piece Toilet

1 Answer

Leaking sewer pipe

Have a 4''cast iron waste pipe with female hub leadsing into a broken concrete sewer pipe. need to fix, is dischargeing sewer. What is the solution ?

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • jeffseivers Jun 01, 2010

    Are the pipes in the ground or vertical. Beyond the hub, how much is either pipe exposed.

  • Randy Marshall Jun 02, 2010

    They make rubber couplings called fernco fitting's that have clamps on them. They allow you to connect to cast iron and other piping materials? Is the concrete pipe a red looking drain like if so it would be a terracotta drain?

  • Anonymous Sep 09, 2013

    You should get that fixed as soon as possible! The same thing happened to me and I put it off for a while and now I need to get sewer damage restoration in Longmont CO.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,100 Answers

Depending on how many pipes you have connected in the run from the toilet to the concrete pipe, I would replace all of it with plastic pipe and a new soil pipe if I could find one, if not put the plastic in the soil pipe and pour a concrete patch to fix the hole. Without seeing what you have there, it is hard to say for sure. But cast iron is not used much these days and a job to fix, cut, seal, repair, most are replaced. Hope this helps.

Posted on Jun 02, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I replace ring that toilet attaches to the floor

If the ring that is attached to the floor and sewer pipe is broken you can get a new ring that fits over the old one ..depending on the type of floor if wood you just screw new plastic ring over the old one be sure to line the bolt slots at the 3 oclock and 9 oclock position so you can slide the bolt head under the new ring and lines up to keep the bowl holes in exact spot. when you put the new wax ring on be sure to get one that has a built in plastic flange that goes down inside the 4 inch sewer pipe before putting plastic wax seal on be sure new ring is snug i always use a course wood screw to screw to the floor if you have concrete you will have to place ring make mark for screw holes drill masonary bit then put insert into concrete then put ring on then coarse screw good luck this should solve the issue

Sep 04, 2014 | Home

1 Answer

Can I use this to fix hole in cast-iron pipe?

If the cast iron pipe is a drain or sewer pipe , the tape may work. It depends on the size of the hole. If the hole is in a joint an epoxy patch will work, such as JB Weld. Clean off the pipe with a wire brush and remove any grime. I would plug the hole first with epoxy, and then put the tape over it.

May 25, 2014 | Rescue Tape Self-fusing Silicone Tape 2...

1 Answer

What is theproblems in using cast iron valves for water pipeline

For drain pipes (waste water) they're fine.

But for potable water (fresh water), the cast iron could rust, allowing the rust to get into the water.
Also, the iron could leech into the water.

Apr 28, 2014 | Plumbing

2 Answers

Sewer waste pipe replacement

plastic or croc? earthen ware? whats the material?

Jan 14, 2013 | Mountain Plumbing Products PVC Pipe Deluxe...

1 Answer

I purchased a house that the pool filter was stolen and I purchased a used filter with a side mount valve. I need to know how to plumb itto my pool. there are 3 ports.

Thank you for posting your question here on

If it is a Hayward valve like your post suggests there will be a word cast into the black plastic area near all three ports you need to connect. One will say pump, another return and the last one waste.

Pipe the pump port to the pumps discharge. Pipe the return to a heater if one is present or back to the pool. Pipe the waste to an area where you can safely discharge water as you backwash the filter.

If this answer does not fix your problem, please comment with additional details prior to rating the answer. You may also contact me thru our website at Positive feedback is appreciated once your problem is solved!


Feb 04, 2011 | Hayward Pro Series Side Mount Sand Filter...

1 Answer

I have a older home with very slow hot water flow. Is there anything I can do myself? The pipes are cast iron.

Have you tried removing the aerators from the faucets and cleaning out the sediment. You can also drain down the water tank to try and remove any sediment that has settled in the bottom.

Sep 21, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Moved into house with damaged joint in external soil pipe from upstaira shower room

You didn't state the size of the pipe or if it is PVC(plastic) or Cast iron. Two rubber couplings can be used to repair the joint. A 12" section, 6" on either side of the joint needs to be cut out. Cut a piece of schedule 40 drain/waste pipe same diameter as existing pipe to size(just under 12"). Take two rubber couplings (sized for your pipe) and place on each end of pipe joint, and tighten clamps.
This fix will work on cast iron pipe, but there may be another means of repairing the joint, so get back to me with more info about the pipe and joint.

Aug 02, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

My toilet is a kohler low profile. There is not a

Hacked off the old seat? You mean the closet flange that connects to the sewer pipe?
That's the part that has the bolts. They go up through the toilet base.

If you have just a straight sewer pipe now, you can connect a new closet flange to it.

1.Hardware stores sell a rubber sleeve. This sleeve fits over the cast iron, or copper, or plastic PVC pipe, and the new closet flange has a stem that fits down in the sleeve. There are two large hose clamps, that come with this rubber sleeve.

The rubber sleeve is an adapter. It adapts the 4 inch sewer pipe, down to the 3 inch stem on the closet flange. (Toilets are known as a 'Water Closet', hence the flange that the toilet bolts to, is a 'Closet Flange')

Whatever size of rubber sleeve you need to adapt two pipes together, they have it.
The new closet flange is made of PVC plastic.
(Poly Vinyl Chloride)
The flange itself is about 1/2 inch thick, and has provisions for bolts. (Use Toilet Bolts, and nuts)
Be sure the closet flange sits flush to the floor. The 1/2 inch thick rim of the flange, sits on top of the floor. The flange is then screwed to the floor with countersink head screws. The slots allow the bolts to just slip in.

IF, the flange Does Not sit level on the floor, and the area for the toilet base is not level, you need to make a flat, level surface!
Do Not half step this, or you'll have a toilet leak from now until the time you fix the floor!

Would appreciate it if you would rate my solution. If you have additional questions, state them by clicking on Additional Comments.

Jul 17, 2009 | Kohler Santa Rosa K-3323-0 White Compact...

1 Answer

Cutting cast iron soil pipe

Phil, I recommend a ratchet snap cutter as it will allow you to cut the pipe in a clean manner. These are available for rent at most major home improvement stores in the US. One can also rent one at a tool rental company. I rented mine for $35.00 the bulk of which was a deposit on the tool. Just a reminder when buying the coupling device ensure you ask for or get a 4 inch cast iron to 4 inch PVC coupling. A bit of vaseline will help you get the neoprene coupling to seat properly with the PVC if you encouter resistance. Good luck. If you need more assistance let me know.

Sep 25, 2008 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
American Standard 2860.334 Enfield Two Piece Toilet Logo

231 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top American Standard Home Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4339 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

12104 Answers

Are you an American Standard Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides