Question about Samsung PS42P2S 42 in. Plasma Television
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
to get high definition you will need to use either the vga or dvi output from your notebook and connect to the DVI input on the tv, vga connection on the tv will only give 480i whereas dvi will give upto 720i
Posted on Nov 04, 2007
Yes, you do need to get the LCD repair before the warranty expires. Call the manufacturers to find an authorized service center near you.
Posted on Aug 15, 2008
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
Take a DMM put it in resistance mode to measure upto 1K Ohms and check the resistance across C5515, C5502, C5504, C5507 (LOW BOARD), Then check C5415, C5402, C5411, C5404 (UP BOARD). The defective board is the one that will have around 100 ohms or less across these capacitors.
Posted on Jun 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2012 | Panasonic VIERA Televison & Video
Nov 28, 2011 | Televison & Video
Feb 24, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 15, 2010 | Sharp Aquos LC-30HV4U 30 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 16, 2010 | Maxent MX-42XM11 Television
Apr 12, 2010 | Sanyo DP42746 42 in. Plasma Television
Feb 13, 2010 | Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1" LCD Monitor
Dec 29, 2009 | Pioneer PureVision PDP-424MV 42 in. Plasma...
Aug 09, 2008 | Computers & Internet
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!