hi may be the opera you are downloading is not suitable for your handset its better for you to not download opera
Nokia 6300 firmware update
Subject: how to update firmware for Nokia 6300 to the latest official version
I bought Nokia 6300b RM-222 with firmware version 4.71, but now the latest firmware is 7.30 (or any latter build). But Nokia Software Updater (link) told me that I already had latest firmware and refused to update my phone. Below I described the steps to upgrade Nokia 6300b RM-222 from version 4.71 (or any other version) to version 7.21/7.30 (or any latter build).
1. You need download and install NSU - Nokia Software Updater (http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/download
#) and run it to ensure that all is ok! (don't forget to switch on and connect Nokia 6300 via USB with PC)
2. You need to download and install NSS (Nemesis Service Suite) (http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page_2
), the latest version of NSS was 18.104.22.168 (select "Virtual USB Device" mode)
3. Close NSU if it's not closed and load NSS then click icon "Scan for new device"
4. Click icon "Phone Info" and button "Scan" inside it
5. If all is ok you'll see some lines with Phone Version, Phone IMEI and so on
6. Click button "Read" and remember your "Product Code"
7. If your want to clean your phone go to tab "Tools" and switch to subtab "Factory Setting", choose option "Full Factory" then press button "Reset" (NOTE!!! all personal data and settings will be cleared!)
8. Return to tab "Phone info" and type in the field "Product Code" the following code 0537621 (or any code from (http://www.expansys-usa.com/ft.aspx?k=96957
)) for version 7.21, or code 0557624 (or any code from (http://www.a2phone.com/6300-rm-217-dp20-900-sw-0730exe
)) for version 7.30, select option "Enable" then press button "Write"
9. Close NSS, run NSU
10. Now NSU should update firmware to version 7.21/7.30 (or any latter build) (http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update
11. Repeat stages 3 - 5
12. Type in the field "Product Code" the code that you remembered before, select option "Enable" then press button "Write"
13. Close NSS
14. Use you clean phone with new firmware!