The volume (+) button on the TV is stuck or soiled if the volume automatically increases when the TV is turned on. To find out:
- Turn off the TV.
- Press and hold the volume (-) button on the TV then turn it on.
- If the volume doesn't automatically increase, you have a stuck button.
- If it does increase, you have a faulty key control board.
- In either case, you have to replace the key control board.
To find it out further:Warning: Beware of electric shock.Please do not proceed if you do not have the skill to do the following.
- Unplug the TV.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes to allow voltages to drain completely to avoid the risk of electric shock.
- Remove the screws securing the TV's back cover and pull it off.
- Disconnect the cable that runs from the main board to the control key board.
- Turn the TV on using the remote.
- In this manner you can use the remote control to run the TV while waiting for the control key replacement board.
To do a hard reset of the TV, unplug it and let it sit for 2 hours or long enough to completely drain the internal voltages.