Question about Lenovo ThinkPad R500 Notebook
Hi There, the issue you are experiencing can be on account of both
software and hardware malfunction. Proper and systematic shut down is a
prerequisite for a smart functioning of any laptop. Failing to achieve a
systematic turnoff can cause serious issues in future and it is
advisable to backup your data.
This hazard usually has its root in the software part of the system.
But seldom it also arises due to hardware malfunctioning. Let us have an
insight into some of the main causes of your problem what you can do to
1. Just find out whether you opted for a Fast Shut Down feature of the Windows as this complication mainly occur by activating this mode. To deactivate fast shutdown mode, just click on the Tools from accessories menu and there you will find System Configuration Utility (SCU). You can disable the fast shut down mode from SCU. Henceforth you can restart your laptop again.
2. This problem may also arise due to extremely slow speed of your system. Please make sure that your system is operating on an optimum speed to support the various operations of your laptop. You can use the system utilities to free up disk space and clean up temporary folder.
3. You might have installed a corrupted or damaged file which is adversely affecting the operation of the system on a whole. So thoroughly scan your system to eradicate such files from it. Also try starting up the system in Safe Mode and then try to turn it off. If you are able to turn off the system in safe mode then the issue lies with software that you may have installed. Try uninstalling any recently installed software or device driver that may be causing this issue.
4. If all of the above steps fail to resolve the issue, please perform a System Restore to a date when your Laptop used to shutdown properly.
5. If the problem continues to occur even after applying the above methods then your laptop might be in a grip of some hardware complication which is hard to identify from here. In this case it is prudent get your laptop checked by efficient engineers
Posted on Jun 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2015 | Dell Inspiron Computers & Internet
Sep 05, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 630M Notebook
Jul 23, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 700M Notebook
Jul 01, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1721 17" Notebook PC, AMD...
Mar 30, 2009 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Nov 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 28, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 2200 PC Notebook
Aug 30, 2007 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: