Question about HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
I had exactly the same problem last night. HP's 'Health Check'
recommended that I flash the BIOS of our new HP Dv7-1175. Had the
computer about 3 days, and was receiving some strange errors reporting
unrecogized USB devices not recognized and a buggy USB driver. So, OK,
Flash the BIOS.
Precisely the same thing occurred. The utility for flashing the BIOS ran, seemed to work, shut down the computer. Then nothing.
I restarted to a backlit screen, no POST or BOOT. Here's how I solved the problem (though I can't tell you why it worked, other than it obviously reset the CMOS).
1) Turned off the computer
2) Removed Battery and disconnected power cord.
3) Waited, pensively, for 5ish minutes (read several places to wait for 20 minutes; I didn't)
4) Plugged the power cord back in (I did NOT reinsert the battery)
5) Holding down the Insert/Scroll button, I held the power button down for 20-30 seconds. Nothing happened until I released the power button. When I released the power button (still holding the Insert/Scroll button depressed), the computer came up and Windows booted. Could not, at that point, get ESC pressed; wouldn't let me into the BIOS.
6) Restarted and prayed, came up normally; opened the BIOS by hitting ESC at the proper time, reset to defaults (just to be sure).
The computer has seemed to work operate normally since, though for the life of me, I can't tell you why this worked. I was, for the record, trying to press the Insert button, so if yours has these separated-- as my Toshiba does-- then I'd start with that.
Hope this helps someone.
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2014 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Computers & Internet
Apr 04, 2012 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP Mini 2101170NR Notebook
Jun 18, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 14, 2010 | HP 2133 Notebook PC
Feb 15, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv7-1130us laptop
Apr 04, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Mar 18, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
May 14, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Apr 16, 2007 | Compaq Armada E500 Notebook
194 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!