a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It seems that the installation files from the disc is corrupted. I suggest that you first connect your laptop to another router so you can download the drivers from Linksys Support Site. Under Downloads tab, you must choose the right version which can be found at the bottom of the router. Then install the said drivers before you connect to the WRT54GS router. Hope it helps.
Just click the downloads tab on the bottom left hand of the page and choose your revision. (The revision number is usually located right after the model number on a sticker on your router.) Post a reply with any further questions or please rate this solution if it was helpful. Thanks!
Please follow the steps
1) open the website www.linksys.com/download
2) there in the first page of the website you need to enter the model number of your wireless router and hit Enter
3) in the second page you will see an option Get downloads and drivers,click that.
4) on the third page please enter the version of your wireless route. Please be very careful and sure while entering the version number of the router.
6) after entering the version dont hit enter rather scroll down a little
7) To your left you will see DOWNLOAD,under that you will see sumthing written like Firmware
8)Download the firmware file and save it to desktop,no where else
9)Now open an internet explorer page and delete evrything from the address bar of the internet explorer and type the number 192.168.1.1 and hit enter
10)It will prompt you for username and password, user name should be blank(do not type anything) and in the password type admin,and if u have changed the router password please try that
11) It will take you to linksys page
12)Click the tab in the black bar named Administration
13) Just below the administration you will see Firmware,please click that
14) click browse tab and select the downloaded file and click start upgrade
15)once the upgrade is finish,unplug the power cable from the router and wait for 30 seconds,after 30 seconds plug the power cable back
Now when you will open the router page it will be full.Enjoy
Hi, I am having the same problem with the WRT54XG4 but i discovered that if you disconect the internet port of your router and leave the ethernet port conected to your computer. You can access to the router and you can upgraded.
check the exact model of your router with the version number.. it can be found underneath the device itself.. you could also check the firmware on the router's page by accessing it, then go to the status tab.. on that kind of routers, if the firmware ranges from 1.50.0-1.51.2 you need to upgrade that because it gives you a problem.. the latest version is 1.52.2.. those are routers of version 5 and 6.. you can download the firmware at www.linksys.com/downloads.. select NA and usa first then type your model number and select your version number.