The above Printer is on a Network shared by 8 Users. Only one User is having a problem i.e. when she prints 7 out of 10 pages results in caracters or gebberish.
I have completly deleted the drivers, reboot and installed fresh drivers from HP. Still not working. Her PC.. Win2K SP4, everything was fine till two weeks ago, and this Printer has been in operation for two years, no any other problems.
So, I think it might have something to do with the User's PC, but what will that be? Definitly, not the Services nor Print Spooler which I've Stopped and restarted once.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are getting error 571 from Nebraska Book Company's WinPrism inventory control system, File --> System Settings --> set the Receipt Type to 8-1/2 X 11. It seems irrelevant but it works.
Another possible resolution to the problem is to remove the Windows (XP, 7, 8, 10) profile of the offending user:
0. Login as the offending user and backup anything they want to keep, like browser bookmarks/favorite or documents on the desktop. 1. Log into Windows as a local administrator. 2. Control Panel --> User Accounts --> select the offending user --> Remove. 3. Restart. 4. Log into Windows as a local administrator. 5. Delete C:\Users\offending_user 6. The following is necessary to avoid a "temporary profile" error: Regedit.exe HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Software --> Microsoft --> Windows NT --> Current Version --> ProfileList --> select each entry until you find the one with a ProfileImagePath of C:\Users\offending_user and delete it. 7. Control Panel --> User Accounts --> add the user. 8. Login as the offending user, add the printer, and now it should work.
If this model HP does not have an expansion slot for a HP Jetdirect Print server, then to use this printer on your network you have two options. 1. Connect the printer to a desktop computer on your network and set it uo as a shared printer. This means this computer and printer needs to be powered up for the other computer on your network to print to the shared printer. 2. Connect the printer to a print server that is connected to your network.
The 3550 won't print in any color if any of the colors are out. You'll have to replace the color ink that's empty to get it to print.
In the future, if you're just printing black and white, you can select "Print in Grayscale" from the print properties to just use the black ink cartridge, which will help the color cartridges to last longer.
The LaserJet 2600N has a built-in print server and can be connected to the local network (normal ethernet cable) directly. While printer sharing via Windows should work, I found it much more convenient to access it without the need of a hosting computer - you do not need to switch on the desktop PC for printing from the Laptop, for example, its also printing faster.
on printer properties try to set on sharing tab check marks on : share this printer- render print jobs on client computers- list in the directory ..( all of this must be chacked).. on port tab see on what port is printer ..(tcp/ip - or virtual), on advance tab.. check alway available, spool print documents first., under security see if you have set group permission.. if you did not ,, add the computers to use this printer ( in most cases this is the problem).... if all of the above s set , and you can still not able to print .. enter in run...services.msc... find print spooler and restart it .. then try to print.
Please note: Instructions only applicable to the network printer which supports telnet protocol. HP Mono and Color LaserJet Network Printers - Sleep Mode Problem
Issue Network printers may not print when a job is sent to the printer while in sleep mode. Solution Please follow the steps below- 1. Connect the printer to telnet- Using command prompt. 2. Type telnet > IP address press then enter. 3. Type menu and press enter.
Following screen will appear-
4. Choose option 2 TCP/IP menu and press enter, 5. Choose option 5 TCP/IP other settings and press enter. 6. Type y in front of cursor and carry on pressing enter until you reach “SLP keep alive”. By default this value may be 0. 7. Change this value to 1. 8. Exit and save settings.
Try connecting the printer via the USB port on either one of the computers. Then test if the machine prints fine then likely possibility is that the Network interface card is faulty remove the network card and install in a different slot and test. If the same thing happens then reinstall the drivers and test.