The screen on my Endura Safari has gone white. I'm sure I must have hit a
menu or button combination to set it this way, but I have no idea what.
The unit is on; I can touch the screen and hear it click. The screen works; I can see
the Safari picture (tree, orange background) when it boots up, before it turns white. I have tried
changing the backlight from 100% to 0% to 75%; but still all I get is a
white screen. I have turned the unit off/on; changed out three sets of
good batteries. I've googled how to reset it and that requires tapping
commands on the screen that I can't see! I've left the batteries out all night and held the power button for over 2 minutes to try to reset it.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like the power button is pulled loose from the circuit board or the power switch went bad for some reason. You can't check this out as it is sealed to be waterproof and opening it violates the warranty. The only way to address this would be to send in to Lowrance Customer Service.
This should not be a common problem and should be covered by manufacturers warranty if still within the 1 yr warranty period. If out of warranty, Lowrance Customer Service should still be able to replace or repair it for some sort of cost.
To speak with US based Lowrance Customer Service, call toll-free at 1-800-324-1356, Monday through Friday from
8:30 am to 4:45 pm Central. Or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org with problem, product model and serial number (located between the batteries in the battery compartment). CS On Hold times range between 0 and 4 minutes right now with Monday mornings being their busiest times.
1) You must have version 1.4 software on your Endura. Remove the map card, press and hold (10 sec.) the menu key until software information appears to see what you have. Upgrades are available on Lowrance's website.
2) You must have the Endura Compatible LakeMaster map card. These were made available in May 2010. The packages have an "Endura Compatible" sticker on the front.
Call LakeMaster regarding your options if the card is not Endura compatible.
I'm sorry, but we it's not possible for us to reset your Facebook account. Aside from that, Facebook is working correctly here in our end.
If Facebook is not showing on your computer screen, the problem could have something to do with your internet browser. Try to optimize your browser. Here's how:
* For Internet Explorer:
1. Run Internet Explorer and click on 'Tools' menu. 2. Go to Internet Options and locate the Browsing History section. 3. Click the 'Delete' button and delete the Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History. 4. Close the Internet Explorer and re-open it. 5. Access your Facebook account.
* For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Run Firefox and hit 'Tools' menu. 2. Go to 'Clear Recent History' and click the drop-down arrow for 'Time range to clear'. 3. Select 'Everything' and then click the line beside details. 4. Check browsing & download history, form & search history, cookies, cache. 5. Click "Clear Now" button. 6. Close and re-open Firefox. 7. Access your Facebook account.
* For Safari:
1. Open the Safari. 2. Click the Safari menu (right beside the Apple icon) and select "Empty Cache". 3. When asked "Are you sure you want to empty the cache?", click "Empty". 4. Click the Safari menu (right beside the Apple icon) then go to "Preferences". 5. From the security dialog box, click "Bookmarks". 6. Click on "Show Cookies" button and then hit "Remove All" button. 7. Select "Done". 8. Access your Facebook account.
i have lost my maps on the gold card Australia e&n i have not taken the card out of my lowrance gps sounder lms 339c since new some three & a half years can they be restored i have had no luck trying to contact navionics australia
Hello there: here is what you can try to do is first unplug any power going to the unit and remove the battery these units have a internal reset device that will reset it'self after a given amount of time which is about 1 hour. during this time press in on the power button for 2 minutes and if it has a reset button it press in on this for 2 min leave the battery and the power out of the unit for the rest of the remaining time i had mentioned. now plug in the power cord back in it and start the unit now if it works ok simply turn off and replace the battery and you are now done ok Hope this is very helpful for you Best regards Michael
Yes, if you download the newest firmware upgrade version 1.2 it will add in other projections and datums, as well as fix other known issues. I would recommend that you run both the 1.1 and 1.2 upgrade for your Sierra, the 1.1 upgrade will fix some issues with the base map.
Both upgrades can be found at the following location: http://www.lowrance.com/en/Endura/More/
Loading Geocaching information on the Endura Safari GPS
You can load individual caches into the Safari as a .loc file or load a pocket query file of up to 500 caches as a .gpx file.
The trick with the Safari is to load these onto the unit using the data cable that comes in the box. Connect the Safari to your computer using the data cable and transfer your .loc or .gpx files into the GPX folder on the device.
These files have to be in this GPX folder to be recognized by the device. It will not work if you load the .loc or .gpx files onto a microSD card and insert it into the bottom of the Safari. I am told that this will be fixed in the 1.2 software update that is supposed to come out at the beginning of December.
Once you have the files loaded, all you have to do is disconnect from the computer and wait for the Endura to restart, go to Main Menu --> Find --> Geocaches and see all of the caches listed. For .loc files, there will be limited information provided from Geocaching.com. For .gpx pocket query files, you will have access to the full description, cache size, terrain difficulty, find log and hints. The great thing about the Endura GPS products is that they have a great filter function for geocaches. I use this with my 7 yr old daughter when I only want to find caches that are easier to find and have full size traditional caches that are more likely to have better "treasure" inside. Hope this helps. Have fun!
I think I can help with your issue. I have an LMS 334c and have had a few issues in the past. Called the factory (this answer is not listed any where in your manual) and they instructed me to "Soft Re Boot" my unit and it would put everything back to factory settings. Try this anytime it does not respond for whatever reason.
Turn the unit off.
At the same time press the Pages and Power button. Hold both down until you see the square box come up in the screen. You should have your factory settings again. May need to try a few times.
Lowrance said it works just like a computer, ever now and then it just tries to disect to much information at one time and hangs up.
Good luck. James Cantwell