I have the same exact problem! Cartridges are all the way to the left and won't move to the right. Paper keeps going through and just gets wrinkled without anything printing on it. So, any advice for replacing a belt?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Cancel button Print cartridge status light Resume button and light Power button and light
- If the power light is flashing it means that your printer may be receiving data. - If the resume light is flashing you may be out of paper, or you may have a paper jam, you may be printing a two sided document by hand and the first side has finished printing. - If the print cartridge status light is flashing that means the top cover may be open, of there may be a problem with one of the cartridges. - If all of the lights are flashing the printer may need to be reset.
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover. 2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.) 3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. 4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring. 5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6. If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service. 6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot. 7. Turn the printer off. 8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers. 9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
5100 error code means there is somekind of obstruction inside the printer thats interfering with the printing process. You have to check the inside the printer especially near the gears and under the rollers. The obstruction can be anything like a small piece of paper, a paper clip, ball pin etc., check thoroughly and you will find it. Post back if you need more help.
You will see 3 led lights on the printer. They will blink continously if:
if the print cartridge status light is flashing
-- check if the top cover is open, Close the top cover. -- there may be a problem with a print cartridge 1. Verify that the correct print cartridges are installed. 2. Check if a print cartridge is low on ink or improperly installed.
if the resume light is flashing
-- the printer may be out of paper 1. Place paper in the In tray. 2. Press the Resume button on the front of
-- the printer may be ready to print the second side of a two-sided document 1. Follow the onscreen instructions for printing the second side. 2. Press the Resume button.
if the power light is flashing
-- the printer is preparing to print -- The light stops flashing when the printer has received all data.
if all lights are flashing
-- the printer may need to be restarted 1. Press the Power button to turn off the printer, then press the Power button to restart the printer.Proceed to step 2 if the lights continue to flash. 2. Press the Power button to turn off the printer. 3. Disconnect the printer from the power source. 4. Reconnect the printer to the power source.Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
The BJC 3000 will flash two different colored lights in a pattern to signal several different errors. From the documentation I have the two colors are orange and green, could those be the colors you see?
At any rate here is the code:
Two orange flashes: Out of paper, paper jam, or paper feed error. If no paper is loaded in the auto sheet feeder, or if the paper is not loaded correctly, set the paper correctly and press the Resume button on the printer to continue printing.
Three orange flashes: Paper jam. If paper has jammed in the printer, carefully remove the jam and press the Resume button to continue printing.
Four orange flashes: A tank inside the BJ cartridge (print head) is out of ink. Replace the empty BJ tank and press the Resume button to continue printing.
Five orange flashes: BJ cartridge is not installed properly. Remove and reseat the cartridge correctly. Make sure the orange protective cap and tape have been removed. Make sure the blue locking lever is locked down securely.
Six orange flashes: BJ cartridge (printhead) is not installed. Remove and reseat the cartridge correctly. Make sure the orange protective cap and tape have been removed. Make sure the blue locking lever is locked down securely.
Seven orange flashes: BJ cartridge (printhead) is defective. Remove the BJ cartridge and check that the contacts on the cartridge and cartridge holder are clean. Make sure the orange protective cap and tape have been removed and reinstall the cartridge. If the error occurs again after you resume operation, you may need to replace the BJ cartridge.
Eight orange flashes: Waste ink absorber almost full. The printer has a built-in waste ink absorber to hold the ink that is consumed during print head cleaning. This error indicates that the waste ink absorber is nearly full. Press the Resume button to skip the error so you can continue printing.
The POWER light flashes orange and green alternately: Service error. A service error means the printer requires the attention of a qualified technician.
If you have any more questions let us know otherwise please don't forget to rate this post.