Question about Whirlpool Dryers
I have a TEDS680EQZ, it may be the same.
(1) You need to remove the lint screen,
(2) remove the two screws and place then somewhere they won't fall and get lost.
(3 & 4) Slide a metal spatula into the right and left front corners of the lid and push in gently while lifting the cover carefully.
(5) After you have the lid open have someone hold it it up or prop it open. Using a 5/16 nut driver remove the two screws (one on each side) and insert the pointy tip of the spatula or a small screwdriver into the wire harness to separate the two ends.
(6) Remove the door while holding the drum with your hand inside the drum. Slide the Front panel upwards and away to remove it. DO NOT let go of the drum this will be a pain if you drop it.
(7) have some one take over holding the door and look below the drum near the rear.
(8) the belt probably slipped off and is now wedged between the big roller at the top of the assembly. These are slightly springy so you can manipulate it to get the belt back to where it is suppose to be.
(9) Put everything back in the reverse order and you are back in business.
Posted on Nov 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2010 | Whirlpool WED5590S / WED5590SQ Electric...
Nov 13, 2009 | Whirlpool TEDX640PQ Dryer
Nov 06, 2009 | Estate Dryers
Oct 18, 2009 | Estate TEDS840JQ Electric Dryer
Jul 14, 2009 | Whirlpool LER5636P Electric Dryer
Jun 01, 2009 | Whirlpool LER5636P Electric Dryer
Feb 03, 2009 | Whirlpool LER7646E Dryer
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!