Question about Maytag Washing Machines
Thanks for contacting Fixya.com
Probably two main things can be the cause…pump and motor pulley.the motor pulley on admiral designed maytags is plastic and melts and causes belt to burn.Also pump pulley spot welds break causing pulley to drag.
Check the following steps....
1.Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power and Turn off the water supply to the machine.
2.Remove the access panel on the lower right front of the machine.
3. Remove the filter and make sure that the filter is not blocked and is clean and clear of all debris. Clean as required. Note that depending on the machine type you may get a lot of water coming out of the filter when you remove it if the machine has not drained successfully. Note that if the machine has stopped and not fully drained then you may be able to drain out the excess water by removing or disconnecting the waste hose and laying it on the ground in a tray. It may take a few minutes to empty but it will save a small flood.
4. Proceed by checking the drain hose for proper connection and kinks and make sure that it is not blocked.
5. Also check that the main waste drain pipe, if you use one, is not blocked and clean if required.
6. Reconnect the power and switch the machine on.
If the problem persists then do the following.
7. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power.
8. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure it is operational.
9. Remove the connecting hoses, and expect water to drain out and make sure the pipes are not blocked with debris or any object blockage.
10. Makes sure the pump appears clear and that the impeller looks in good condition.
11. Reconnect the hoses and then reconnect power and switch the machine on.
12. If problem has not been corrected, then remove the pump and check that the drive coupling to the motor is OK and that the motor turns OK. If all is well then replace the pump.
The smell may well be coming from the motor if it is overleaded or has a problem. If the above does not solve the issue then you may be looking at the replacement of the motor.
Let us know if you have something more to know else please accept the suggestion.
Posted on May 31, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 01, 2012 | Washing Machines
Jan 02, 2011 | Maytag MAV3855A Top Load Washer
Oct 05, 2010 | Maytag PAV2300 Top Load Washer
Jan 03, 2010 | Maytag Washing Machines
Jan 04, 2009 | Maytag Washing Machines
Sep 06, 2008 | Maytag Washing Machines
Aug 08, 2007 | Maytag Performa PAV2200
Oct 08, 2017 | Maytag Washing Machines
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!