Hi there, when i insert my memory card the letters bra show up in the top screen and on the lcd screen it says memory card cannot be used. i use this memory card all the time and it just started to do this.......any idea what the problem may be? what can i try to fix it without having to reformat my card and lose the pictures on there?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: flash card issues
The only solution I can think of is to format the card. This is the solution to just about every CF card error out there. If you don't want to lose the pictures, try capturing to computer first. If that doesn't work, it's simply corrupt data - you may be able to salvage it via data recovery software like BrotherSoft's Memory Card Recovery:
but ultimately, formatting is the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope this helps! Good luck. :)
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The camera, being almost 15 years old, only can hold Smart media memory cards. They are large but very thin.
Your camera should be opened on the bottom and the card slot is like 1 by 40 mm.
I hope I manage to post some pics from the cam and from a memory card.
I only can show a picture from a service manual, so don't do anything with the screws. It only shows where the memory card slit sits. It is the long black line. Should be like 40 mm wide.
1) Insert the memory card you wish to format into the Nikon D700's body using the memory card slot on its' right side. Make sure the power is off before you insert the card and that you place the card in correctly. The D700 will only accept CF cards, so make sure you have this type available.
2) Turn the camera on with the power switch. Only do this after you have inserted the memory card and closed the memory card slot.
3) Press and hold both the Trash and MODE buttons down for about 2 seconds. Together, these are known as the 'Format' button. The Trash button is located on the back face of the D700 body next to the Preview button, and the MODE button is located on the top of the D700 body next to the shutter button and power switch. If done correctly, the letters 'For' should appear blinking in the shutter-speed sections of both the view finder and control panel.
4) Press and hold both the Trash and MODE buttons again to format the memory card. This will delete all photographs on your memory card and format it. Do not turn off the camera or remove the memory card while the card is being formatted. If you do not want to format the memory card, simply do not press the Trash and MODE buttons the second time and wait for the blinking 'For' to disappear, which it will do after about 6 seconds.
5) Wait until the blinking 'For' disappears. The display will now show the full amount of photographs that can now be taken on the formatted card.
6) Alternatively, you can also format your memory card from the Setup Menu in the D700 LCD menus. You can access this by pressing the MENU button on the back of the D700 body, selecting the Setup Menu and pressing Format Memory Card, OK. This will format your memory card immediately.
Set camera on playback mode, you will see any saved picture in internal memory. Insert memory card and lcd screen will show you either blue screen if memory card has no picture files or will show you picture in memory card. That means memory card is intact with camera and ready to store fresh picture. Set camera to camera mode and take few fresh pictures and check them in playback mode. Let me know if you have additional question. Thanks.
Press the MODE button to select the Video mode. Note: The camera has limited internal memory allowing you to record up to 20 seconds in QVGA. An SD
card (up to 8GB) needs to be inserted in order to use the video mode normally.
When the icon appears on the top left corner of the LCD screen this indicates that you are in Video
1. Prepare the object or subject you wish to record.
2. Press the Shutter button to begin shooting the video.
3. The elapse time will appear on the top right of the LCD screen and the icon will flash on the
4. Press the Shutter button again to stop the recording and save this file in AVI format.
1. You can preview the AVI files in Playback mode or once downloaded to your computer by using
Quick Time and Windows Media Player.
2. When the camera's memory is full, the “Memory Full Insert a SD Memory Card to Transfer and
Shoot More video!” message will appear on the LCD screen when you attempt shoot more videos.
Download the test file from the internal memory to the PC or delete them to shoot more videos.
Alternatively, you can insert a SD memory card to expand the memory to record longer videos.
3. The LED will light up when the light condition is not good.
make sure there isn't a limit on the memory size for the camera, some models have a limit. also make sure the lock switch on the memory card isn't in the locked position: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1102
There are quite a few of us with symilar problem, but the screen is not completely black: it has some purple or pinkish color when facing light. Old pics and menu can still be viewed. I noticed 4 symilar threads on Canon A95 within the last 5 mins without any search, just looking at the top questions.