Question about Belkin My Essential (ME1004-R) Wireless Router
From the manual
2. Leave the router powered on.
3. Use a paperclip (or similar) to press and hold in the reset button for 10 seconds.
4. Remove the paperclip.
5. Wait approximately one minute for the router to restart.
The settings for the router have now been reset back to their default.
All Belkin Router's ship without an admin password. If you require an admin password then follow the below instructions.
1. Open a web browser on the computer.
2. In the address bar of the web browser, type http://192.168.2.1
3. Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the page. The router does not ship with a password, so just click Submit.
4. Click on System Settings under Utilities on the left-hand side of the opened page.
5. You will see a feature called, "Administrator Password". Type in your current password (default leave blank).
Click "Apply Changes". Your new password is now active.
Note: Do not forget the new password and keep it somewhere safe. If you forget your password, you'll be unable to access your router's settings. If you forget or lose your password, you'll need to "restore to factory default". This will reset the password to its default, as well as erase any and all other settings you may have changed.
Posted on May 31, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2017 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jun 08, 2016 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Sep 23, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 06, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Aug 06, 2010 | NetGear ProSafe FS726TP Smart Switch...
Sep 17, 2009 | NorStar T7208 Corded Phone
Aug 08, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5580 Notebook
Jul 29, 2009 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Jul 24, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5720-6661 Notebook PC
153 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!