Question about Kohler - Toilet - One-piece - Santa Rosa - K3323-52

1 Answer

One piece toilet needs a new gasket. How do I replace it?

The toilet runs all the time. The rubber gasket is falling to pieces. Cant see how to get the old gasket off.

Posted by on

  • jeffseivers May 30, 2010

    I'm not quite sure which gasket you are refering to so I have provided a link to Kohler that gives a complete breakdown of parts to the K-3323 toilet. Use this link to identify the part you are referring to and repost your question useing the kohler part number off of the link.

  • Tom Elliot Sep 09, 2013

    How do you remove the Gabrielle model tower flush valve (Part No. 87112) so I can replace the cruddy gasket (Part No. 83996)? From your previous posted solution I don't see a pipe "above" the flush valve. Thanks.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 454 Answers

The top of the pipe above the flush valve is threaded. Unscrew it, and you will be able to remove the flush valve and replace the gasket.

Posted on Jun 04, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I replace gasket in toilet tank that leaks ? Thanks

the water closet is attached to base with a couple bolts that have rubber washers, take them out and remove the closet from the base, you will then see a rubber gasket that fits between the pieces. After replacing the gasket reassemble the pieces and be careful not to over tighten the two bolts that secure the top and bottom.

Jan 26, 2015 | Home

1 Answer

The water in the tank continues to leak out and the tank has to continue to refill. I have replaced the flapper, I have taken the tank off the toilet and check gasket alignment. The tank does not leak...

There are only a coulple of places that the toilet could leak or, overflow and give you this problem. When you replaced the flapper valve, did it have an extra piece of rugger on it? Universal flappers have a round piece on them that are designed to fit over the overflow tube. If you flapper had this piece and you don't have need for it, you need to cut that out, if the flapper "hooks" to the overflow assembly. Leaving that piec on can contort the shape of the flapper and make it so it won't seal. If you are noticing constant movement(slight swirl) in the bowl, make sure the back tank is not constantly overflowing into overflow tube. If this is the case, your water level is too high. You will either need to adjust the water level and/or replace the fill valve. If you can hear the toilet running or leaking, push down on the flapper, if it stops, you have a problem with the flapper and/or the chain adjustment. When you install the flapper, you have ton make sure the chain is long enough to let the flapper fall and seal but, not so long that it can tangle or get between the the flapper and it's seal below it.

Jun 19, 2011 | Jacuzzi Home

1 Answer

Replace toilet tank bolts

Go to a plumbing supply house and get 2 or 3 bolts, 2 or 3 rubber sleeves for the bolts, and a new rubber gasket to go between the tank and toilet. Turn the supply water off, sorry, but, you don't know how many people don't do that. Disconnect the supply line from the tank. Flush the toilet, to remove water from the tank. Unbolt the tank. On the back underside of the toilet, you have 2 or 3 nuts to remove, depending on the toilet. Lift off the tank. Turn over the tank and set it on a towel. Now, gently tap down the bolts. Turn tank over and pull out the bolts. Turn tank back over and remove the tank and bolt gaskets, just push them in. Turn tank over. push in the new gaskets. Replace tank gasket, and gently tap down new bolts. Remount the tank. tighten the nuts, be careful, always tighten the nuts about the same. never tighten one all the way, and then another. YOU can crack the tank when tightening. Just nice and snug. Re hook the water supply, and turn on. Always check for leaks. If dripping, just tighten a little more. Just remember to tighten the all the nuts a little at a time. Keeping the tank level when tightening.

Dec 24, 2010 | Sterling 402315-0 White Windham Two-Piece...

1 Answer

I need to change the gasket 83996 on my kohler santa rosa toilet,but cant get the part that says waterline do i get it off?

You have to twist the whole thing. There is no nut or threaded portion under the gasket like you'd find on most (two-piece toilets). The hole under the gasket seal is a triangle-shaped and the bottom of the flush valve (the part that says waterline) has three prongs that lock the unit down against the gasket.
I don't remember which direction worked, but I put the grip/handle of a channel lock pliers down into the flush valve and that gave me the leverage to remove the whole part with gasket.

Nov 01, 2010 | Kohler - Toilet - One-piece - Santa Rosa -...

1 Answer

I cant get the new flush valve on my kohler 3386 toilet to fit in the hole with the gasket. The foam gasket is quite thick. Is there a trick to doing this short of mutilating the thing?

The foam gasket stays on the inside of the tank, the only part that gets pushed through the hole is the hard plastic threaded part, then you add the rubber washer and the nut from underneath.

Jun 26, 2010 | Kohler - Toilet - One-piece - Gabrielle -...

1 Answer

Leaking and refilling

The flapper (the rubber cone shaped piece at the bottom of the overflow tube is not sealing completely. You can purchaser a new one at most hardware stores and replace it yourself. It's an easy DIY fix.

Jun 25, 2010 | Toto Carlyle 1-piece Elongated Bowl Toilet

1 Answer

8950 - Metro Urban Toilet - Two-Piece Toilets: water doesen't stop running...

Either the Fluid-master valve is going bad or your flapper needs to be replaced. Both are an easy fix. To check the flapper run your fingers along the underside of it, if the rubber comes off on your fingers its bad. Otherwise you'll have to try replacing your Fluid-master valve.

May 16, 2010 | Neo Metro 8950 - Metro Urban Toilet -...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kohler - Toilet - One-piece - Santa Rosa - K3323-52 Logo

Related Topics:

864 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kohler Home Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

12650 Answers

Tim Whalen

Level 3 Expert

3074 Answers

Are you a Kohler Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides