- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It seems that you are keeping the recorder close to the TV set resulting distortion in the picture due to power supply hum,check by keeping it away from set if no change than check the reason of hum received from power supply of recorder by replacing electrolytic capacitors for leakage or proper shielding of power supply in side the recorder.
1. On your remote, find the record mode button; it is near the bottom on the left side. This button sets the recording speed for the DVR. Faster recording speeds provide higher quality recordings. 2. Look at the display on the front of the machine: it should say XP ( records 1 hour on the disc,) SP ( 2 hours, ) LP ( 4 hours, ) or EP ( 6 hours. ) You can also set it to record 8 hours on a disc, but the quality of the recording will be poor. 3 Press the record mode button until the screen displays the recording speed that you want. 4 Note: if the powers fails or the Machine is unplugged, the machine will automatically reset itself to SP mode.
I had the same trouble, also wouldn't play back discs that I recorded using it. The commonly listed reset of channel up and down at the same time was not meant for this model.
Below is the official solution that was sent to me by panasonic.
After using this method to reset my player it worked great. it was just like taking it out of the box for the first time.
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your inquiry, reguarding model DMR-ES40V.
Try this reset to fix the issue.
1. Unit power must be on.
2. Press [STOP] & [VHS > DVD] ON THE UNIT for over 5 seconds.
Thank you for contacting Panasonic.
Thank You, Panasonic Consumer Support
We need to narrow down where the problem lies. Even without finalizing the disc, you should be able to play back the recording. Can you do this? If you can play back the recording, the problem exists in the finalization stage and we'll need to concentrate there. Pplease update this and we'll proceed to the next step.
I kept formatting DVD's until I got the unit to work. Mainly, it was some DVD's I had earlier problems formatting. I tried two new DVD's (Maxell DVD-RW) and they worked thus far. I truly think the unit needs to be taken to authorized service center for evaluation or minor maintenance. My suggestion is to verify the DVD's will work with unit. Try to use better quality ones like TDK or Maxell. Thanks for responding to my problem. If I have others, I will contact you.
I went to Panasonic site and downloaded the manual. If you can post here your email , Ican send it to you or you download it yourself, here is the link:
copy the link and paste to your browser,
the filename is DMRES40V.pdf , the size is 7636K