Sometime the night before last I "lost" internet going through my router. I have 4 VOIP very important telephone lines (2 linksys adaptors) that are now useless because it no longer has internet access.
I originally had a Netgear WNR854T router but changed it out with a previously used Netgear WGT624 v3 router with new ethernet cable. The exchange made no difference although I did not change any settings if there were some that should have been changed.
I did run the ethernet cable directly from the cable modem to my laptop and that provides internet service. The routers both appear to be working based upon the criteria in the manuals.
I've also turned the various modems, router, computer and adaptors on/off in recommended sequence with no results.
I'm out of suggestions other thaan buying a new router which is how I ended up with two in the first place! Thanks for any help you can provide!!!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. You have to reset your router to its original factory configuration by using the reset button at the back of the router (WGT624 v3) near the antenna.
2. Connect the cable from the Globe Broadband Huawei B200 modem to the wan port of the router.
3. Connect another cable (RJ45) from the router (any Lan port on the router) to the laptop or desktop.
4. Switch on both device (modem and router).
5. Wait till both device boot up and the modem flash a blue, green and yellow color on its led and solid green to all router indicator led except the test led indicator flashing for a few seconds only.
6. Open your browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Safari...)
7. Type http://192.168.1.1 at the address bar.
8. Netgear setup website will open.
9. Go to advance settings.
10. Go to back up menu and click erase to reset your router to its original factory settings.
12. Switch off the device (modem and router).
13. Remove the cable connecting the computer and the Lan port of the router.
14. Connect the modem directly to the laptop using the cable.
15. Open a browser.
16. Go to the netgear website.
17. Go to the Support menu on the Netgear Website.
18. Type the model of the modem (WGT624 v3) on the blank space provided (Find your product).
19. Go to Downloads.
20. Download WGT624v3 Firmware Version 2.0.26_1.01 NA.
21. Read the instruction how to download the firmware and how to upgrade your router to the new firmware.
22. Save the downloaded firmware.
23. Exit the Netgear Website.
24. Switch off the modem.
25. Now follow the instructions #2 to #8.
26. Go to "Upgrade the Router" menu.
27. Upload the downloaded firmware to the router.
28. After uploading the firmware go to the Basic Settings Menu or use the Smart Wizard Menu to configure your Router.(Important Updates: Lan IP Address will be changed automatically to 10.0.0.1). Automatic internet connections will be tested by the network.
29. Configure your wireless settings. Logout.
30. Reboot all the devices and the laptop/desktop.
31. Follow the sequence when rebooting. (modem-router-laptop/desktop).
32. Open a browser and browse any website.
Netgear WGT624 V3 Wireless Router Problems
by BigG2 - January 16, 2007 1:17 AM PST
My wireless connection is not working and i cannot log on to it, I have connected a Netgear WGT624 V3 Wireless Router to my Motorola SurfBoard SB5101E Modem which is connected to Telewest Cable Broadband (internet works fine if i access directly through the modem), on the router the power light is lit and also the internet light flashes rapidly but the wireless light comes on for a couple of seconds and then goes out - i think this is the problem? I have tried logging on to the router to check the wireless settings but cannot access it, i have also tried connecting directly via LAN but cannot get this to work either although i am not sure if i have connected it correctly?
Any ideas/comments/advice is very much appreciated!!
Connect your router to computer with ethernet cable then you can access it with following default link. http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 If you are not able to access it with above ip then check your computers ip address gateway ip is your router ip try with it. Then it ask for user name and password. Type user as "admin" and password as "admin" or "password" or blank. Then you can see configuration page of router.
Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for using FixYa.
If you have lost the password to access the router page then you have to reset the router
Ensure that you have all the details regarding your internet connection before resetting the router
If you reset the router you can run the smart setup wizard and get connected by entering correct information in all the pages of the wizard
If you are looking for the wireless password: -------------------------------------------------------------- Access your router page ( Open Internet Explorer --> Type 192.168.1.1 and enter it--> Login name(default)-admin, Password(default)-password) --> GO to wireless settings,under Wireless settings you will find the wireless password.
if you're having problems communicating with your old router try to reset it by pressing on the reset button and then hold for 30seconds first. if you just press on it quickly, the router will not reset. this is the last option because by resetting it, your router will go back to its default settings and the un/pw is admin and password or admin and leave password blank
there 4 different routers in the wgt624 family. this is the first. check your label to be sure it isn't a later model chipset such as v2, v3, v4. if so use the download link at the netgear site to get the correct downloads for your specific model.
As you say that, you are able to go online with the modem, connect your modem- router and laptop witha cable and check if you are able to go online with the router wired first, if yes, then the w/ls settings has to be checked..open your w/ls network connection, remove your preferred wireless network and then try to reconnect again and check.. if you are not able to gon online wired with the router, disconnect power cables from modem- router , wait for 10 sec, and reconnect it , wait till all the lights come up and then reconnect, check if you are able to go online if not your router has to be reconfigured,,