I press start button and i get the green and yellow Archos logo and thats all. The HDD indicator lights up, flickers on and off then stays on.When placed in the DVR station the charge indicator is not on, but the logo is still on screen.Have tried implementing the system recovery, but still shows green logo all the time. Have tried the master reset function behind the battery but still showing the green archos logo all the time. I can hear the hard drive working inside, but still only the logo on screen at all times. The Archos was working o.k. no problems until i stopped midway in a film and turned it off and now cannot get it started. Help....
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Hold down the Home button and press the ON/OFF button.
2. Once the Archos boot logo is displayed, release the Home button.
The ANDROID green robot is displayed.
3. Once the ANDROID green robot is displayed, press simultaneously the volume button + and the ON/OFF button.
The Android system recovery screen is displayed.
a. Use the volume buttons to navigate
b. Use the ON/OFF button to select an option
To restore the default parameters of your tablet:
1. In the Android system recovery, select Wipe data/factory reset;
2. Select Yes -delete all user data.
3. Select Reboot system now.
Your tablet reboots. Redefine your parameters through the wizard.
Your tablet is restored to its default settings.
I am guessing that the lights are near the network cable plug? This simply shows that there is a signal on the network cable that is plugged-in. The laptop may be dead. Is there a light on the power supply? If you remove the battery, plug the power in and press the power button, what happens?
You might need to reset your printer so it can work again. please follow the steps below. It is important to familiarize yourself to the steps before doing it.
Here it is.
With the printer plugged in and powered off, press and hold the Resume/Cancel button, then press and hold the Power button.
Do not release the buttons. The LED light should be green to indicate that a function is selectable
While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button, do not release the Power button
While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.
When the LED light is green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times. Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.
Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the reset is performed.
When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically
It is indicating that there is a hard drive fault. Here is another users suggested method to clear the fault.
Following some extensive use I switched it on one day to find that it hung on the Archos home screen and kept going in a loop. Luckily I could see the red HDD light flickering so knew that the Archos was trying to do something and that the HDD was recoverable. When I entered into the recovery mode I found that I had an recovery code (101) which indicates a HDD fault.
I used the following steps to recover the HDD:-
1. Connect the archos to the PC using the USB cable (the unit will start but will need to be shut down again by pressing the power button) 2. Press the power button and the 'lock' button together for a few seconds and you should get a basic recovery screen 3. Scroll down to repair disk and select 4. Click on done and wait for a few seconds and you will see the archos as a drive in 'My Computer' (Note that this does take a few minutes) 5. You now need to back up your data, movies, music, widgets etc as the next step is to format the Archos HDD which will wipe it all. 6. Disconnect the Archos, turn it off and then turn it back on again by pressing the power and 'lock' buttons together. 7. Scroll down to format disk and select. The Archos will now delete all files on the HDD and you will get a message asking to connect to a PC and install the update file. This is the firmware file that can be obtained from the Archos website. You'll also notice that the recovery code has changed from 101 to 108 8. Connect the Archos to the PC, wait for a few seconds and you will see the archos as a drive in 'My Computer' again. 9. Drag the firmware update file from your PC where you've downloaded it to directly on to the root drive 10. Click 'done' on the Archos and it will begin to update the operating system. 11. Once this is complete then there should be an update successful message, select done and the archos should restart giving you the nice bubble screen and asking if you want to enable USB. 12. Note that the Archos is now in a 'factory built' condition so you'll need to adjust settings etc according to your preferences. 13. You can now start the long process of transferring your files back to the Archos.
i had this problem recently when charging on the DVR docking station, i switched it off, took the battery off, left it for a shirt time then pressed the reset, it took a few attempts but eventually it restarted
Ink Counter Reset. Manual for Service mode 1.
Turn off the printer. And disconnect the printer cable.
2. Press and hold the POWER button, turn on the printer.
3. The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.)
should be orange.
5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator
(L.E.D.) should be green
6. Release both buttons
Just watching a movie and my archos just froze in mid play , did a switch off to rest it and guess what it wont restart , ses ARCHOS in green at the start but wont reeboot have tried the reset button inside but no joy what so ever , any tips or advice 'or shall i just ship it back to Archos ....