Question about Dell LA65NS000 AC Adapter
I need a service manual to repair a fa65nso-00 Dell ac adapter. The green led that shows DC power (19.5V) is being fed to the output NO MORE LIGHTS and I could only TEMPORARILY make it light and find the DC current at the output, but the problem remains...I believe it to be a bad contact. I live in a small 7,000 inhabitant city in Goias State, Brazil, 230 Km North of Brasilia and there is no Dell Technical Assistance here.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The Dell 1501 ac adapter (possibly other Dell’s as well) has
been known to be problematic because of its lack of a plug to jack secure
fit. You will notice that the plug can
all too easily be pulled from the jack, as opposed to other systems where the
plug fits more securely onto the jack.
The plug and jack combination is poorly designed so that over time, the
plug will come unseated depending on how much movement the machine is subjected
to. This will result in power error
messages or outright power-up failure. So before assuming you have a faulty
adapter, make sure that it is not just a loose plug that is causing the
problem. If you look inside the jack,
you will notice that there is a 3mm region of non-conductive material nearest
the surface of the jack. Use a strip of standard electrical tape 3mm wide and
long enough and wrap it around the base of the plug (you may need more than one
layer of tape to get a good fit). I
have used this method to secure my plug and it has served me well. If the tape
comes undone over time, just simply replace it. A more “elegant” method would be to use an “O” ring of the
appropriate size (about 6mm) around the base of the plug in lieu of the tape.
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
Hook up your power adaptor to ac power without it being hooked up to the laptop and see if the green light stays on. If it does then you know your adaptor is okay. if your adaptor is only hooked up to ac power and the green light still turns off then you know your ac adaptor is bad.
Take out the battery from your laptop. Now hook up the ac adaptor to the laptop and if it stays green then you know your battery is bad but you also want to make sure you can get your laptop to turn on. Hopefully it will turn on with only the ac adaptor hooked up to it.
Posted on May 04, 2009
1. Remove All External Devices
2. Check the Computer's Power LED
3. If the power LED has not changed unplug the Power Cable From the Computer Disconnect All Hard Drive Power and Data Cables and power on the computer. If still no go.
4. Remove All PCI, PCI-E, and AGP Expansion Cards .
5. Remove All Memory From the Computer
6. Reseat the ATX and 12-Volt Connections . The ATX connector will be a 4 pin square connector connecting to the motherboard from the power supply and the 12-Volt Connection would be the biggest connector with a lot of colored wires.
7. If still no go.
8. Disconnect the Power Connection to the Chassis Fan
9. If the light still flashes then it could be a power supply or motherboard failure. Try a good know power supply first and if that does not fix the problem it is the motherboard. Also check the back of the tower for 4 lights lables ABCD or 1234.
Rate if useful.
Posted on Aug 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2014 | Dell Inspiron Laptop 1440
Sep 18, 2011 | Dell Laptop DC Power Jack (DELLDL271600)...
Feb 22, 2011 | Dell LATITUDE AC/DC ADAPTER PA-10 FAMILY...
Sep 14, 2010 | Dell Inspiron E1705 Notebook
Oct 17, 2009 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Sep 08, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
May 19, 2009 | Dell Inspiron XPS M1730 (N09X7304) PC...
337 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: