Question about Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20.1" LCD Monitor
On/off button will not turn monitor on or off. It just flickers while screen is black.
The reason why the button of your monitor flickers is because the 12 volts output supply for your inverter board is not stable..
If you have the skills and the right tools for this, Here's what you need to do
1. If your monitor comes with a power supply adapter, open it..check and replace blown capacitor with same value..
2. If your monitor is using a cable power cord..open the back cover of your lcd..on the power supply section.. check and replace blown capacitor.
3. Check and resolder the terminals for fixing possible loose connections.
4. On the inverter board section...check and resolder the terminals for fixing possible loose connections, the high voltage inverter usually loose connections when overheat.
5. Other things to check if step 1 to 4 did not resolve your problem. Check and replace burnt high voltage transformer.. Check and replace busted backlight inverter..
Hope this fix your problems..
thanks.. much appreciated if you rate this help.
Posted on May 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2011 | Gateway FPD1975W 19" LCD Monitor
May 15, 2010 | Dell E153FP 15" LCD Monitor
Mar 26, 2010 | Dell E172FP 17" LCD Flat Panel Monitor
Sep 27, 2009 | Samsung SyncMaster 203B LCD Monitor
Aug 14, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 20, 2009 | CTX S762A 17" LCD Monitor
Oct 09, 2008 | Samsung Syncmaster 940BW LCD Monitor
Dec 08, 2007 | Acer AL1716 17" LCD Monitor
240 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: