Question about Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Usually Canon PIXMA Printers are giving an "Paper Jam"
error, but there's really no paper stucked in the printer. For this case, you need to reset the error counter of the printer. Here's how:
1. Turn off Canon Pixma printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the Canon Pixma iP1700, iP1300 Printers should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your Canon Pixma iP1700, iP1300 Printers should respond as normal
Thank you and good luck!
Posted on May 30, 2010
Thanks for using FixYa. Turn printer off and unplug the printer from all cables (power, USB, etc). Try to hold it upside down and gently shake it so that if there is any paper or foreign object inside it is feel down and removed. Also please verify that there is actually no paper jam. To check it open all the doors, take out the paper tray, cartridges and visually inspect. If still the issue is not resolved then clean the print head. To clean the print head take a hot water towel with the printer unplugged and the cartridges out, clean it till the time you see there is no ink residue on the towel. Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
Posted on May 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 05, 2011 | Toshiba Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 07, 2010 | HP PSC 1315 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2010 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Nov 06, 2009 | Samsung SCX 4200 All-In-One Laser Printer
Oct 20, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP620 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 20, 2009 | HP LaserJet M4345 MultiFunction Printer
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!