My dacor range top's ignitors won't quit sparking afterI cleaned it. I know if they get wet that will cause it. But I've dried them well and turned on the burners to help dry them out, which has worked in the past. I will tell you that it quit clicking/sparking when the one burner was on. But after turning them off it started back up. This has never happened before. What might I be missing
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Electric gas igniters sometimes get stuck in one position causing a clicking sound. The clicking sound that you hear is the electric arc that is pulsing from the igniter conductor (wire) to ground (the gas burner). It receives power from the electrical outlet that the stove is plugged into.
Residue from food and sometimes cleaning products may be preventing the igniter from producing a spark (Arc) to the base of the burner. This is a common problem that occurs when the stove has been cleaned or food is allowed to build up. Make sure that the igniter and the burner base are clean and dry. This will help with proper operation. Oven cleaner and a small tooth brush may be used to accomplish this. Another problem with ignition may occur if you have too little (touching) or too much space between the igniter and the base of the burner; it will prevent the burner from igniting. You should only have a little more space than the thickness of a nickel between the burner base and the igniter. A good “blue” arc from the igniter to the burner base is optimal. If this doesn’t work, you may need to replace the electric igniter module. Good luck.
The causes to the clicking is that the ignitors could be wet, dirty (with grease caked on them or cleaning products or a bad spark module). The ignitors are the little white things on the side of each burner with a metal piece on top. If they are wet (let them dry out for 20 - 30 min on a high flame, if dirty sand the metal piece on top with sand paper or nail file. And if it is the spark module and u are technical, order one from the parts department for Viking. You will need ur model and serial # then find out if it is located under the burners or the rear of the range. There are several wires going to the spark module. Best way is to disconnect one by one and connecting it to the new box until all wires are switched from old to new module. Remember to unplug the unit before doing this because you may get shocked. Also if it is a sealed burner system that means that the burner bowls cannot be lifted from the range and water cannot seap under the burners then you could just change all 4 or six burner bases. Viking has adapted them throughout the many complaints and they are better now. Typical cost is: $350 - $400 if spark module is under burners, in rear = $500 - $600. Burner bases = 400 - 600 depending on number of burners and if it is with a venturi or screws. Good luck.
Hi, How long ago did you get the ignitors wet? Most cases, unplug the range for a few hours giving it time to dry out. Maybe set a fan near the range top to help dry it. This helps MOST of the time. please let me know if it helps or if I can assist you further.
Go to RepairClinic.com and check on how much a new igniter is. Is there two or 4 igniters on your model (lift the top of the range up and it is the little silver piece sticking out with a white base around it), If its 2 is the other side working? Make sure there is no food deposits around where the gas and the spark meet.
try unplugging the unit over night, itspossible that by you cleaning the tops, the electrodes got wet, falsley sparkin, when the water dries out it should stop, and no not dangerous in any way, only annoying to listen to
Hey all ... I just had a repairman fix my DCS cooktop that was doing the same thing ... ignitor problem. He replaced it and it's good as new. (Cleaning also did NOT work for me.) It cost me $216 for the repair. If you can find the part, it's pretty easy to replace. Just take off the front knobs (be careful as there is a 'ring' inside the neck of the knob) and unscrew the front. You will need a special screwdriver - looks like a star - but just snip the plastic straps holding the original ignitor in place and put the new one on the same way as the old one. You should be good as new. REMEMBER TO TURN OFF THE BREAKER!!! I can't imagine it would take more than an hour (tops) 'cause it looked pretty easy.
I did have the same problem after the house keeping people done with cleaning. They used window/surface cleaner. First I asked them not to clean the ignitor with any cleaner. Here is what I did to solve the problem
I took scotch scour pad (one that you use for washing dishes), In dry state I polished ignitor switch. It is abrading the residuals and deposits on the top and polishing it. Don't use any thing more abrasive than that. MAGIC - I don't have any more problem.