Question about Power Acoustik P312W Car Subwoofer

1 Answer

I was told to go with a 1700 pa amp for my matching p3-12w pair of speakers im wanting to fit them both in a sealed box in a chevy trailblazer back end. Can I do that and it not blow the speakers and as far as the amp I thought the 2600 each speakers at 2 ohms would have to be mathed by the same power amp whih would be no.less than around 5800 right or am I calculating ohms law in correctly and can I use just one amp and bridge it to both soeakers or do I need to run it mono stacked im so confused as to what to do here really guys helpppp

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Contributor
  • 84 Answers

I'm sorry Please Clarify. ANY pair of subs you can run in a parallel series fashion and run them off of a mono amp. What is the model number of the subs, what voice coils does it have? and how many rms watts is each one. I can match u up for your amp and explain how to wire them.

Posted on May 31, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to bypass 2001 Chevy impala factory amp.

You need a volt /ohm meter. Pull the radio. Cut the tape off the harness, find the twisted pairs of wires (look at the colors of them). These are the speaker wires. Go to the amp and find those wires. Cut them loose. Look at the speakers wire for the rear dash. There is four of them. Measure the resistance of one speaker. You need this number to find the front speakers/wires. Once you find the wires, If you want to match the radio to control front/back/left/and right. You have to adjust the radio and match the speaker wires. I have yet to find a matching schematic to this.

Mar 19, 2016 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Celestion sr1

The physical fit is simple. They are designed to stack. How you drive them though is a different matter.

Depending on the vintage these are either an 8 Ohm load or a 4 Ohm load to the amp. Each pair needs to be connected to the appropriate driver/controller box for it's impedance. IOW, you need to run two sets of power amps, two controllers, and then two pairs of speakers.

BTW, just adding more speakers to a stereo power amp (or two monos) won't make the system appreciably louder. All you are doing is diluting the power output of the amps between four speakers rather than two. More speakers, sure. But each one now receives half the power compared to running 1 pair..

Aug 21, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

4-8 ohm output

it is load resistance. set the amplifier switch to the resistance ( X amount ohms) to match your speakers. Although running 4 ohm speakers at the 8 ohm setting is louder, it will hurt your amp
most home/semi pro speakers are 8 ohm, while car speakers are 4 ohm. If you are doing a multi speaker pa/intercom install use your formula to calculate total load is 2 8 ohm speakers in parallel are four ohms . express them as fractions and add the denominator ie:8/1 +8/1 = 8/2 or 4/1 or 4. now connect that in series (add the top numbers)with another 2 speakers in parallel and you get back to 8 ohm load. repeat the same process over and over and you can hook up to 32 speakers to the amp without needing the 70 volt tap. hope this helped.

Mar 18, 2014 | TOA Electronics A912MK2 Amplifier

1 Answer

What box should i use for alpine swr-12d2

What size box does this sub need in a sealed box & a ported box. If you have room use a ported box that fits your subs. Probox & other brands may have the perfect box for them. I would tune the box to 40hz if you like loud tight bass.

Jan 24, 2013 | Alpine 2 Swr-12d2 Car Ausio 12" Dual 2-ohm...

1 Answer

I was recently given a pair of Yamaha 2075c Power Amplifiers that were being updated in an auditorium setting. Would it be a worthwhile endeavor to recycle these "older" technology amps in a rack mounted...

This amp is only rated at 75WRMS / channel

Great for home stereo or the studio or voice only PA system but not for gigging out

Yamaha's website has the manual

Jan 18, 2010 | Yamaha Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I need the color codes for a 2001 ford explorer sport.Im trying to install a sony explode CDX-GTO9

if you have a ford "amp fitted" you may have prob if not
the power feeds go to 1 block
get a test lamp and find the
switched live = goes to red
constent live = goes to yellow
ground earth = goes to black
speakers and dash display to 2nd block
spearker leads are matched in coloured pairs , use 9v battery to each pair to track speaker location, will buzz when hooked up to matched pair

Dec 05, 2009 | Car Audio & Video

1 Answer

What speakers

Hello enot99,

The CC-2502 is a bridgeable 2-channel amp. If you want to drive normal speakers in stereo, the best would be a good set of components with separate woofers, tweeters, and crossovers. They are available in many sizes from most car audio manufacturers. I'd begin by finding out what speakers fit the location where you intend to mount them. Then I'd browse the speaker selections in that size at You can also use the "outfit my car" feature to browse only the products that fit. Then select a pair that has a power range and impedance to match the amp: 250 watts RMS at 4ohms or 450 watts RMS at 2ohms.

If you want to use the amp in bridged mono mode to drive a subwoofer, again Crutchfield has a large selection of subs and some enclosures already fitted with subs (loaded). The amp claims 850 watts RMS into 4ohms bridged, so look for a sub that has a power handling rating of at least 850 watts and it needs to be 4ohms.

Hope this helps.

Aug 02, 2009 | Concept CC-2502 Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

Im planning on buying two 10'' subs for my 04 trailblazer any suggestions? also i wanted to keep this not too expensive. thanks

i got a suggestion.
go with a class d or a mono block amplifier and subs that match, ask the retailer where you purchase for the best suited pair and tell em you want an amp that is stable @ 2ohms by 2 channels this wiring method is the best way to get the most out of an amp. and then you could either runn the subs in series or parralel if you need mor info just ask or you can visit
hope this helps

Mar 03, 2009 | Alpine SWS-1240 Car Speaker

3 Answers

2 12" Hitron 600w subs in a BandPass box

Remember that driving a load with an underpowered amp will probably cause more problems than having a more powerful amp that is not running flat out. 200-300W amp would be ok, but I would suggest going for the biggest you can afford. If you crank up the volume on the smaller amp you will probably get a fair amount of distortion, which may actually damage the speakers. A larger amp will not give as much distortion for the same loudness/volume and give better control of the speakers for a tighter bass..

Oct 31, 2007 | Hitron 2 12in Subwoofers loaded in...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Power Acoustik P312W Car Subwoofer Logo

52 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Power Acoustik Car Audio & Video Experts

Tygh Duval
Tygh Duval

Level 2 Expert

300 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76051 Answers


Level 2 Expert

92 Answers

Are you a Power Acoustik Car Audio and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides