Question about Computers & Internet
1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
2. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
3. Change your password @ https://login.passport.com/ChangePW.srf to
something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
4. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
if this is the case.
5. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
6. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
7. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
8. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
then click OK
and do the same for the following:
hope to solve ur problem
Posted on May 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 13, 2014 | Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate for PC
Jan 23, 2013 | Computers & Internet
This error occurs if
Dec 21, 2012 | Computers & Internet
May 05, 2011 | Microsoft Windows Live Photo Gallery
Jul 30, 2017 | Microsoft Windows Live Essentials
May 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Aug 25, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Jan 23, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A60 Notebook
Sep 06, 2007 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
128 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!