Question about Sony PSP (Piano Black)
I am unable to connect the PSP to the PC. I have installed the IRDA software and the Memory Stick Duo. But the memory stic device is shown as not ready for use. Please advice
Based on your concern, I suggest trying the following steps:
1. Before you plug it in make sure the PSP is in USB connect mode.
--> Also make sure the Memory Stick PRO Duo has been formatted for PSP. If it's not this is how you do it:
On the main menu, scroll all the way left to the "Settings" menu. Then select "System Settings." Then scroll to "Format Memory Stick" and press X.
2. Connect the PSP to your PC with a USB cable.
3. Press the "home" button on the PSP
--> at the lower left of the screen you can see the home button.
4. Use the left-right directional buttons to find "Settings", then the up-down buttons to find "USB Connection" on the PSP.
5. Press the "X" button, your PSP should display "USB Connection".
6. Please wait until your computer tells you that a new USB device has been connected, then show you a new generic hard drive, usually E: or F:
7. Click on the drive letter that corresponds to the PSP unit.
Hope it helps,
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Feb 03, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Sep 14, 2007 | SanDisk Memory Media
Apr 12, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jan 01, 2011 | Sony PSP (Piano Black)
Oct 12, 2010 | Sony PSP (Piano Black)
Mar 25, 2010 | Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo (2GB) for PSP
Dec 25, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Dec 21, 2007 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
239 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: