Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
How to remove ask for genuine microsoft software
Manually uninstall WGA Notifications
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrative permissions.
2. Make sure that the WGA Notifications version that exists on the computer is a pilot version. The version format for the pilot version is 1.5.0532.x. In this case, you can uninstall versions 527-532 only. For example, you can uninstall versions that range from 1.5.0527.0 to 1.5.0532.2. To find the WGA Notifications version, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
b.Double-click Add or Remove Programs, click Windows XP - Software, click Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications, and then click Click here for support information.
If Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications does not appear, the release version is installed. You cannot uninstall the release version of WGA Notifications.
c.In the Support Info dialog box, verify the version number, and then click Close.
3. Rename the following files by changing the extension to .old:
* Rename %Windir%\system32\WgaLogon.dll to %Windir%\system32\WgaLogon.old
* Rename %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.exe to %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.old
(to rename….go to c: ……click windows,then find the folder system32…then find the WgaLogon.dll and change its extension to .old and also to WgaTray….change its extension to .old)
4. Restart the computer.
5. Unregister LegitCheckControl.dll by using Regsvr32. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
2. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
Regsvr32 %Windir%\system32\LegitCheckControl.dll /u
(check the space between Regsvr32 to % and the space between .dll to /u)
(it can have an error if you can’t type this in right form)
6. Restart the computer.
7. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
8. At the command prompt, delete the following files by typing the Del command. Press ENTER after you type each command.
* Del %Windir%\system32\wgalogon.old
* Del %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.old
* Del %Windir%\system32\LegitCheckControl.dll
(check again the spaces…..between Del to %)
9. At the command prompt, type regedit.
10. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkeys. Click Delete after you locate each subkey.(delete only the last subkeys….which is the WgaLogon and WgaNotify)
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\ CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows \CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WgaNotify
i try this and it works…..remember…always check what you have type……..
Posted on May 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2012 | Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit Full...
Dec 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 24, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 16, 2010 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Feb 27, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jan 28, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
201 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: