Printer is about 3 months old, I have checked the usb cable and the power cord all seem to be intach . Nothing happens when I try to power on, no power , no lights or beeps. thanks for any help you can provide.
This just happened to our Canon MP530, which was about 10 months old. I called Canon support and they said they'd send a new power cord to us. Then, if that didn't work, they said they'd replace the unit. Well, turns out we found a replacement power cord ourselves and tried it - amazingly, the printer now works. So if this happens to your unit, try replacing the power cord. It may just fix the problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please remove all cartridges. Using a moist cloth clean the golden
contacts on cartridge as well as printer. DO NOT touch nozzle of
cartridge. Dont insert the cartridge yet.
Please do this :
1. Remove the power cable from printer. Remove the USB cable that
connects printer to computer (remove it from printer as well as
computer's usb port) 2. Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release 3. Now plug in the power cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.
This model printer has only an USB printer connection. To connect this printer to a wireless network, you need additional equipment, a print server with an USB pirnter connection and then connect this printer server to a wireless router using a LAN cable. It may be easier to purchase a new printer with wireless connectivity.
1) Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable. 2) Open the rear cover. Look for a jam or even little scraps of paper from a previous jam that may be obstructing the paper path. 3) On the front, remove the tray and look into this area. Make sure it is free of any obstructions. 4) Replace tray. 5) Reconnect the USB cable. Power ON.
Perhaps there is paper still jammed inside the printer that you cannot see (or little bits from a previous jam)
1) Turn off the power 2) Disconnect the power cord and USB cable 3) Open the rear cover and see if paper is jammed inside the cassette area. Gently remove any paper and make sure no little bits of paper are left inside 4) Open the scanning unit (printer cover) and check that no paper is stuck internally. Be careful not to touch the components inside the printer. 5) Reattach the power cord and USB cable 6) Power On and retry your print job
1. Disconnect printer from AC power (take out AC cord or power off your power strip). Disconnect USB PC cable from printer. 2. Press and HOLD the POWER button (untill step 7). 3. Reconnect power cord (turn on power) to the printer. 4. The indicator should be green. 5. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator should be orange. 6. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator should be green. 7. NOW Release POWER buttons. 8. NOW Connect the printer to PC (USB cable). 9. NOW...I opened "Printers" and saw that a "copy" of my printer (i250 or i350) had been made. Make that COPY your default printer and all should work...