Question about Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Thanks for using FixYa. To start with clean the print head. To clean the print head take a hot water towel with the printer unplugged and the cartridges out, clean it till the time you see there is no ink residue on the towel. If after doing this still the issue is not resolved then please follow this reset procedure:
1. Disconnect the power cable.
2. Hold down On/Off button.
3. Reconnect the power cable.
4. With the power button still down, press the Stop/Reset button twice.
5. Release the On/Off button.
6. The printer is now in factory mode (wait until idle is displayed)
7. Press the right arrow button (next to the OK button) repeatedly until Shipping Mode 3 is displayed.
8. Press the OK Button
9. Wait until “Without Cleaning” is displayed and then press the Stop/Reset button once.
10. A test page should print.
11. Open the cover. (the cartridges should position themselves at the far left – the cartridge removal location)
Posted on May 28, 2010
Please check the followings. If it doesn't help then I will send you other possibilities related to software.
1. If you replaced brand new cartridges, I hope you didn't forget to remove the protective tape. Please be sure to remove the protective tape from the black ink cartridge.
(Please check that, on some kind of cartridges there are two stickers on the back and on the bottom of the ink cartridges.)
2. After replacing the cartridge, if it is new you should specify whether it is new or old.
3. After installing a new cartridge you should continue with "Aligning Ink Cartridges" procedure as described in its manual.
If you try that at least 3 or 4 times it may be helpful.
Would you please print the test file which I uploaded HERE ?
Is it printing in black and in color within the same document?
Hope this helps.
Waiting your comments.
Posted on May 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2014 | Canon Pixma MX410 All-In-One Printer
Mar 21, 2013 | HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer,...
Aug 25, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 20, 2011 | Canon imageCLASS MF8170C All-In-One Laser...
Feb 04, 2011 | Lexmark X4580 InkJet Printer
Dec 01, 2010 | Lexmark X2250 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 12, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Oct 08, 2009 | OKI C5200n Laser Printer
Sep 13, 2008 | HP PSC 1610 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 03, 2008 | Canon CanoScan 5000F Flatbed Scanner
Oct 09, 2016 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Mar 21, 2016 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
334 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!