I just got both my black and color cartridges filled at Wal Greens. When I installed the black the printer printed a test page...everything seemed fine. I also printed two other pages but after installing the color cartridge I still got the message that both were below ink levels (like it didn't recognize I put in two full cartidges). NOW the printer says either "black/photo cartridge missing" and also "left cartridge incorrect".
The printers are set to do this so you will buy there own brand but there is a way to reset the printer so it will work, I"m not exactly sure how, I'm trying to find that out myself. if you ask at the place that refills your cartridges they might be able to tell you
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
pls re-installer your software of your printer uninstall the first installation then in install it again or simply re install your operation system maybe has a problem due to corrupted os mostly like has a virus.
Hmmm....that sounds to be an issue with the ink cartridges...
You might be using ink cartridges purchased other than Dell or Staples...since these are the two who sell Dell Ink.
If thats not true, then take out both the cartridges in the printer.
Lets isolate the issue
1. Try only Black cartridge on Color slot(right). If you get Install both ink cartridges error, then its an issue with the Black ink cartridges and if you get message that install Black ink cartridge then its an issue with the prrinter.
2. Now install only color cartridge on Black cartridges slot(left), If you get color cartridge missing then its an issue with the Black cartridges which you are using and if you get install both ink cartridges then its an issue with the black slot on printer.
3. If issue found to be with Black ink cartridge then wipe the Nozzles(bottom) of the ink cartridge with lint free cotton cloth from back to front 5-6 times.
4. Also try replacing the ink cartridges purchased only from Dell or from Staples. Purchased from somewhere else or refilled might not work.
5. If issue found to be with printer, then i would suggest you to purchase new printer then.