Question about LG 32LG30 32 in. LCD HDTV
This hum could be from a ground loop or a bad main board in your TV.
1. Try removing all the inputs from the back of the TV.
2. Unplug the TV for about 3 minutes and plug it back in.
3. Turn on the TV and go to HDMI1 input.
4. Turn the volume up to see if you hear the hum.
5. If you hear the hum without any inputs into the TV, then the problem is with your main board, or with the quality of power you have going to your TV (your wall outlet may have an open or bad ground). You can try plugging the TV into a different outlet across the other side of the house (to try a different circuit) to see if your power is the problem.
6. If you don’t hear a hum without any inputs into the TV, then the audio hum is caused from one or more of your inputs.
7. You will have to plug in one input at a time into the TV, and turn up the volume to see if that one input is creating the hum. If the TV hums, then you have a problem with that device and or the cable that connects it to the TV.
8. There is a chance the hum will occur when two or more devices are connected to the TV at the same time. So be careful of this issue. This issue is not the fault of the TV and is a grounding issue between the devices.
I hope this information has helped you.
Posted on May 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 11, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 03, 2012 | Acoustic Research HD510 System
Mar 24, 2010 | Westinghouse SK-26H520S 26 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 02, 2009 | NAD T973 Amplifier
May 07, 2008 | Televison & Video
328 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!