Question about Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
You could try a repair of xp this will keep your files.
1. Put your Windows XP Install CD into your CD-ROM drive.
2. Reboot your computer.
3. Let your system boot off of the CD.
4. Let the Setup go through the first part of the Installation procedure.
5. When you come to the screen in which it says "Welcome to Setup." press Enter to Setup Windows XP.
6. Press F8 to agree to the End User License.
7. Let the Setup search your system for previous versions of Windows.
8. When the Setup is finished searching your system, select your Windows XP Installation and press the R key on your keyboard to start the Repair Procedure.
This is the part that might make you nervous . The Setup will delete all major system files and then replace them with new copies.
You will have to download all of the updates from Microsoft Windows Update again because it replaces the files.
Thanks for using Fixya.
Good Luck and have a nice day.
Posted on May 27, 2010
Testimonial: "GOOD WORK! THANKS"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite L500 Series Notebook
Mar 20, 2013 | Toshiba L645D-S4106WH Notebook PC -...
Oct 26, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Mar 26, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 21, 2010 | Acer Aspire 8920-6048 Notebook
Aug 28, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 12, 2008 | Computers & Internet
293 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: