Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Thanks for using FixYa. Please follow these step by step instructions on how to install drum unit:
1. Open front cover of copier.
2. Rotate lever (maybe blue) to lower transfer/transport assembly.
3. Rotate Developer/Toner assembly handle to move assembly away from drum unit. There is either a Phillips screw or a plastic gripped screw that needs to be removed.
4. Then, carefully, pull the drum unit 2/3 of the way out. At this point, the back half of the unit needs to be supported while pulling the rest of the way out.
5. Open new drum unit.
6. Remove all packing materials with red tag attached...especially black paper covering new drum surface.
7. The new Drum Unit has guides on top that line up with guides in the machine....carefully insert unit in copier until it seats FULLY.
8. Reinstall screw to front of unit.
9. Rotate Developer/Toner Assembly lever to cam back against Drum Unit.
10. Rotate Transfer/Transport Assembly lever to lift assembly upward and latch.
11. Close the front cover and we are done.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
Posted on May 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 12, 2014 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
May 27, 2014 | Brother MFC-9840CDW Laser Printer
Aug 14, 2012 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Apr 19, 2011 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jan 29, 2010 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Jul 29, 2009 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Feb 03, 2009 | Brother DCP-7020 All-In-One Laser Printer
May 19, 2008 | OKI B4350 Laser Printer
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!