Question about Belkin Wireless Pre-N (F5D8230-4) Router (F5D82304)
To restore the router to factory default settings, please do the following:
1. Unplug the router's power supply
2. Press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the router
3. Keep the reset button depressed and, at the same time, plug the power supply back in
4. Keep the reset button depressed for another 10 seconds
5. Release the reset button
======================= Manually configuration ==============================
ISP Cable or Dynamic
Step 1 : Connect modem - Router - Computer ( Wired )
Step 2 : Open router setup by typing http://192.168.2.1 on the address bar of internet explorer
Step 3 : On the left side under internet WAN click Connection Type
Step 4 : leave the Password Blank and click submit
Step 5 : Choose the connection type as dynamic and click next
Step 6 : Leave the Host name blank and click apply
Step 7 : On the left Under Internet WAN Click MAC Address
Step 8 : Click Clone and Click Apply changes
Step 9: ISP DSL
Note: If your connection is DSL choose the connection type as PPOE
and set your User name and Password( ask yous ISP provider
Step 10 : Then check if you have internet
Step 11 : if not Then unplug the Power Cable from the Modem And the Router
Step 12 : Plug the power Cord to the Modem
Step 13 : Wait till all the lights are on
Step 14 : Plug the power to the belkin
Step 15 : Check the color of the light in the belkin
Step 16 :If green then Check if you have internet
If not working then call belkin
========= WIRELESS SETTING UP A WIRELESS CONNECTION ====================
Step 1 : Connect Router - Computer ( Wired)
Step 2 : Open Router Setup by typing http://192.168.2.1 on the address bar of internet explorer
Step 3 : On the left under wireless click wi - fi protected setup
Step 4 : Leave the password blank and click on submit
Step 5 : Disable it and Click on apply changes
Step 6 : On the left under wireless click Security
Step 7 : Enable 64 Bit WEP
Step 8 : Type a 10 digit number on the key 1 ( 2 in each box )
Step 9 : Click apply changes
Step 10 : on the left under wireless click channel and SSID
Step 11 :Change the Wireless channel to 6
Step 12 : Change the SSID to a different name ( no Spaces )
Step 13 : Click apply changes
Step 14 : Now Scan and connect to this network ( Wireless )
Let me know if it works
Posted on Nov 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I just installed a Belkin N1 (model F5D8635-4 v1000) to a Comcast Arris modem in SW Florida by resetting the IP on the router to 192.168.1.1 Comcast assigns 18.104.22.168 (but will accept 192.168.1.1 however not .2.1) and Belkin default is 192.168.2.1. Problem is easy enough to correct by following the instructions for changing the default router IP using a Firefox interface as documented in the user's manual. Note that when applying changes it takes about 30 seconds for changes to be effective.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
Your ISP should have given you the following information...
Static IP, Internet IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, Static DNS 1-3.
With that information at hand, follow tis link to the router user manual and go to Page 11 of the manual to go through the step by step process of setting the router up for an internet connection.
Posted on Nov 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 15, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Apr 19, 2010 | Zonet ZSR1104WE Wireless Router
Jan 16, 2010 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
Nov 26, 2009 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
May 08, 2009 | Blitzz Technology Computers & Internet
Apr 13, 2009 | Edimax BR-6104P Router
Jul 07, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 10, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 19, 2017 | Belkin Wireless Pre-N (F5D8230-4) Router...
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: