Question about Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
I have a black cartridge in the printer and the colour one has ran out, i only want to print something with black ink but it wont let me, do i have to have both full cartridges or can i just have the black one in?
Yes you must insert both black & color cartridges in order to operate properly.
Posted on May 28, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: colour printing
Check the following thread, it might apply to your problem. and just as a printer can be fooled to show a low level ink, I guess it can happen the other way around. http://www.fixya.com/problems-solutions/t103191,p342983/Epson-Stylus-Photo-R300-InkJet-Printer.aspx Good luck
Posted on May 24, 2006
Sorry Desperate. All inkjet printers, from all companies, are programed to only operate with ink in all containers to avoid other problems. Their is no workaround. Please rate me not harshly just because you don't like the answer. Rate based upon the truth of an answer.
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
Breath and Relax... this should resolve your problem.
Routine maintenance and keeping full ink tanks will prevent this problem, however if you have the problem you can resolve it by doing the following:
1. Clean your ip3000 print head using denatured alcohol solvent which can be purchased from most hardware stores. If unavailable, use 91% Alcohol (isopropyl alcohol (first aid antiseptic) which is available for less than a dollar at most Walmart pharmacy departments.
*Warning: You may want to use a pair of latex exam gloves as this is a messy process and can stain your fingers.
Isopropyl Alcohol or denatured alcohol
sink, bowls and or basin
can of compressed air
very small screw driver
tablespoon or baby bulb type syringe
Time necessary 45-50 minutes
1. Lift print head from printer. It pulls out easily because it is held in with the same down lever that holds the cartridge in place.
2. Put two layers of paper towels in the bottom of a dish to protect sensitive sprayer heads.
3.Put enough solvent in dish to cover the screens on which the cartridges sit when in use.
4. Take the two small screws out that hold the white ceramic piece
5. Gently, pry the ceramic piece back and away , to reveal the underside (No need to pull away the glued points on the sides.)
6. Gently, move head up and down to slosh solvent around it the best as you can. Use a table spoon or syringe to pour solvent over all orifices in the print head, turning it upside down and then back a few times.
7. Use canned air with a plastic straw to blow into and through all orifices, alternately sloshing/swishing and pouring solvent over head (be careful not to touch any of the holes, screens, or sprayer heads with anything)
8. Empty dirty solvent from bowl and replace with paper towels and clean solvent. Soak for approx 10 minutes. Rinse again with clean solvent poured directly on all parts, letting solvent overrun and fall into dish or basin.
9. Gently shake the solvent off the head, take it outside and spray with compressed air into all orifices to clear out and help evaporate any remaining solvent. Let sit on a clean paper towel for approx 20 minutes. (There may be a little ink bleeding out of the head, but once it dries completely it does not present any problems.
10. Reinstall head, cartridges and it will print like a new printer.
SUGGESTION: For many years of problem free printing, keep a double set of ink cartridges, one set full at all times. Whenever a cartridge runs out of ink, replace it IMMEDIATELY, with a new one or a refilled one. This gives the print head no chance to dry out and create clogged heads. Routine maintenance of cleaning the heads every 24 months does wonders for keeping your ip3000 in new condition.
Happy Printing .
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 18, 2011 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Jan 01, 2010 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1300 Printer
May 07, 2009 | Epson Stylus DX6050 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 28, 2009 | Kodak ESP 5 Printer
Dec 08, 2008 | HP DesignJet 500ps (42 in.) InkJet Printer
Aug 31, 2008 | HP PSC 2410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 26, 2008 | Lexmark P6250 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Mar 19, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
191 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: